Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just noticed its Gay Pride this weekend. I unfortunately have a prior commitment that means I have to be in central Brighton at 8:30 on Saturday morning.

What time does it all kick off? When does it finish? What roads are closed? When do they re-open? Is the town just mentally busy? Can I park anywhere or would I better off parking in Lewes/Falmer and getting the train in?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Just noticed its Gay Pride this weekend. I unfortunately have a prior commitment that means I have to be in central Brighton at 8:30 on Saturday morning.

What time does it all kick off? When does it finish? What roads are closed? When do they re-open? Is the town just mentally busy? Can I park anywhere or would I better off parking in Lewes/Falmer and getting the train in?

Trains into Brighton will be busier than the roads

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Let me finish this thread here and now...

1) not "natural"
2) spunk guzzling in front of my children/in my flowerbeds
3) why don't we have a straight pride?
4) picture of El Presidente/Only gay in the village

Anything I've missed?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If it's anything like previous years then it'll be busier than normal at that time of the morning but ultimately not too bad.

Personally I'd choose the train in, but it will be busier than normal...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

1) not "natural"

Anything I've missed?

It's not 'Gay' Pride any more

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

1) not "natural"

Anything I've missed?

It's not 'Gay' Pride any more

Yep, I think that covers all the usual topics.

See you all back here next year. :thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Trains into Brighton will be busier than the roads

Personally I'd choose the train in

NSC at it's best. Thank you though chaps. The pride site is really unhelpful and just said they'll be road closures and Brighton is a nightmare to park anyway so use the train.

What roads are closed?

But the parade doesn't start till 11 so you should be fine.

What time does it finish? Not sure what time I'll be heading home but I expect it'll be 2/3ish.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was gonna go to the Sevilla match on the Sunday but apparently there is some big street party on the sunday as well. Cosequently i decided not to go to the match - Not because I have any problems with it all but simply because I don't fancy standing on the train all the way back to London

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

PM sent.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Never understood all this opposition to gay pride, its once a year, brings money into brighton,apparently is quite a good party even if you're straight, one thing they need to do is sort out all the alleged shagging in the bushes at preston park though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here