Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stan Bowles

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am putting this on NSC because, as a Brighton fan and general football fan I thought the older generation of NSC might appreciate what a talent Stan Bowles was, in his heyday.
As far I recall, he still lives in the Brentford area, and is still adored by football fans.
I remember going with my dad to watch England play at Wembley in the late 1970's, where Stan Bowles played.
Anyway reminiscing too much :)

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...s/qpr-promote-alzheimers-society-stan-9737115

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Once upon a time QPR were an ordinary Division 3 club like Brentford and then along came Rodney Marsh.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I went to a QPR match when I was young and my main memory from the game is this old boy a few rows behind us shouting "you're going the wrong way Stanley" for most of the game.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Once upon a time QPR were an ordinary Division 3 club like Brentford and then along came Rodney Marsh.

Same for Brighton. Then along came Peter Ward.

Seems like a good NSC game. Now, once upon a time, Swindon were an ordinary Division 3 club like Brentford and then along came Don Rodgers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Same for Brighton. Then along came Peter Ward.

Seems like a good NSC game. Now, once upon a time, Swindon were an ordinary Division 3 club like Brentford and then along came Don Rodgers.

Me, me.

Once upon a time, Reading were an ordinary Div 3 club and along came Robin Friday.

Good game this

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Some of his ball juggling tricks I used to watch on "The Big Match" and then
go out and practice them myself.

Great player.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
very skillful player..only saw him play once live,a testimonial at the goldstone(frankie howard i think).,but remember him either scoring or attempting to score from the byline off the far post-legend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here