Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walter Palmer - New Public Enemy No 1? / Cecil the lion

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
http://www.theguardian.com/environm...he-lion-was-american-zimbabwe-officials-claim

I can't fathom why someone actually enjoys this 'sport', this guy is beyond contempt IMO. WTF? Why? It's 2015 FFS. Stop killing critically endangered species FOR FUN! Jesus Christ, more evidence that nothing will stop the human race from destroying the planet they need to live off! Stupidity. Shameless stupidity. Do everyone a favour Walt and blow your own brains out next time you pick up a gun.:shootself

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Totally agree. It is big business though sadly and the authorities cannot really do much to stop it. Often it is the owners of the game farm that are involved - certainly several South Africans game farmers have been involved in Rhino poaching. There is now talk of miniature cameras being inserted into the horns of Rhinos and also some people are advocating poising the horns. It is extremely sad - between 800 and 1000 Rhinos a year have been poached here in the last few years.

I met a so called hunter a few years ago who had been mauled by a Lion - perhaps this is what will happen to this guy at some point as well?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I actually felt sick too looking at that, Deletebeepbeepbeep. Then the anger. Not the other way round.

Just because he earns ridiculous money, this affords his 'right' to kill an apex predator whilst millions of other poorer people like me are paying what we can give to save thousands of animal species like this from becoming extinct. And then this #%+**+[{*!* blows that all away with a single shot. F ucking moron. Honestly, makes me more mad than Deputy Dawg.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He's obviously a prize **** but enemy number one is pushing it a bit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

A turn of phrase...enemy of the people though surely? Friend of The End?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Not pushing it in the U.S. at the moment. Talking to a friend who lives California this morning who tells me this guy has lost his business and gone into hiding!
Serves the cowardly ******* right. I really get angry about people who get their kicks out of killing when they are in no risk themselves, or beat their wives up. If he really wanted to shoot things he should have joined the military and taken some risk himself. :rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Despicable human being, let's hope his clients care enough to put him out of business and stop him having the funds to wilfully kill animals for his pleasure.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
As much as I hate what this dentist has done, I think that Theo Bronkhorst ranks even lower, so at best Palmer is number 2. This Bronkhorst guy makes a living out of doing this and I don't doubt that he was the one who had the local knowledge to lure the lion from the national park. And if he is a "professional animal killer," he must be the one who takes the blame for the 40 hours it took for the poor animal to die. He may not have been the one who fired the arrow but he was in charge of this - and made a ton of money from this lion's slaughter.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I note the c**t doesn't have the guts to stay on twitter or Facebook ..... utter, utter coward. Hopefully he'll get killed in a hit and run tomorrow.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
When will people learn that we are just the custodians of the environment we occupy until we pass it onto the next generation! We don't have the right to finish it on our shift!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for the bloke's staff at his practice. Out of a job now because their boss is a c**t.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
http://www.theguardian.com/environm...he-lion-was-american-zimbabwe-officials-claim

I can't fathom why someone actually enjoys this 'sport', this guy is beyond contempt IMO. WTF? Why? It's 2015 FFS. Stop killing critically endangered species FOR FUN! Jesus Christ, more evidence that nothing will stop the human race from destroying the planet they need to live off! Stupidity. Shameless stupidity. Do everyone a favour Walt and blow your own brains out next time you pick up a gun.:shootself

This is the bit I can't understand either. Each to their own and all that, and the pro-hunting brigade were out in force the other day when the pictures of that Doris with the goat appeared, but how do you defend killing a Lion? That wasn't done so they could eat the meat of the animal, so why do it? I see Walt's got previous – as well as an 'impressive' trophy cabinet. Sounds like he might have to sell a few of his prized possessions off in order to survive...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is the bit I can't understand either. Each to their own and all that, and the pro-hunting brigade were out in force the other day when the pictures of that Doris with the goat appeared, but how do you defend killing a Lion? That wasn't done so they could eat the meat of the animal, so why do it? I see Walt's got previous – as well as an 'impressive' trophy cabinet. Sounds like he might have to sell a few of his prized possessions off in order to survive...

It doesn't make sense my friend because it isn't something a sane person would do. Not sure what education would do; fuelled by their wealth, these peoples ego and wiring are on a different planet to majority of us. Best we can hope for is they misfire as Cecil's offspring charge down on them in a few years time....to reap their revenge! Meanwhile the extinction of big game, sharks...even bloody bees draws ever closer. And still these culprits don't 'get it'. Which is why I wouldn't give a toss if someone 'culled' a few Walters out there :)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Absolutely disgraceful - how anybody gets pleasure out of killing these (or any other) magnificent animals is beyond me
It's to be hoped that when he does go back to the USA that their customs will not let him in with his "trophy"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here