Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grimsby fans raise £100k for 'Operation Promotion Budget Boost'

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A MASSIVE £100,000 in just eight weeks…that's how much Grimsby Town supporters want our team to get back into the football league next season.

The astonishing response to a plea for cash from ordinary folk has seen money flood in to Blundell Park from around the globe – from Australia, American and China, as well as the town and local area.

Club officials have been left stunned, and very grateful, as they were expecting to raise just £20,000!

MORE: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/1...ns-Operation/story-27478654-detail/story.html

(Maybe we don't have it so bad after all...)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Next time you're reminiscing about the good old days of the Forty Notes Club, of being treated as a supporter and not just a customer, and having a club small enough to still listen, one with a real family feel, devoid of PR, spin, and corporate veneer, remember, this is what it actually looks like.

Everything in life is a trade-off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Great story this. Warms the COCKLES of your heart it does....see what I did there? :)

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Saw this on the local news last night, seems they raised a fair amount by selling newly designed inflatable haddocks :lolol: apparently the ones they've had all these yers were actually rainbow trout.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love posting on fish pun threads, just for the halbert!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"And do they smell...... like mack-er-ell"

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If the roles were reversed, I wonder what puns Grimsby supporters would make up about Brighton's economy? Stuff about credit card administration I suppose, and health insurance. Tricky.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here