Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Relations Challenge for the day

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Sewel - what next? If YOU were advising him, what is his next move?

Reality TV? Set up a charity for drug users/sex workers?

How, if remotely possible, does he turn this around?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lay low for a couple of months, then carry on as if nothing had happened?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Host a BBC4 version of the Jeremy Kyle Show. The bebutlered can be foully fascinating on screen too, you know. The brawls will be better between henchmen too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not really sure what the issue with him is ? Go down the square mile on a Friday night and you'll find thousands taking coke. Playing with a prostitute ? So f**king what ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not really sure what the issue with him is ? Go down the square mile on a Friday night and you'll find thousands taking coke. Playing with a prostitute ? So f**king what ?

It's not the charlie or the prostitutes that's the problem, it's that he got caught

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I suppose if you're going down, do it in style. Some people probably lose their jobs for stealing paper clips. I'm sure that's what he'll tell the grandchildren at the next family gathering.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

got caught and job was to uphold standards. to be caught saying expenses is paying is icing on the cake.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I imagine he'll get a huge payout with his "retirement" and no further action will be taken. Exactly the same as every other elite class criminal that gets caught.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the Max Mosley approach is preferable. Brush off the coke and whores side of things with a "so what, it's what I like" then sue, on privacy grounds, the person who spilled the beans.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think in one of his quotes he mistakenly thought his daily allowance was £200 and not £300. So is he in fact an under-claiming paragon of virtue, who has saved us all money...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

The difference is, he's using our money to pay for the coke and brasses.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The difference is, he's using our money to pay for the coke and brasses.

No different to the feckless sneering underclasses of Britain buying fags, paying for their Sky TV and enormous widescreen TVs and trips abroad to Benidorm to spunk even more of their benefits that we pay for.

There are plenty on here who would be happy to hoover up some charlie whilst laying cable with hookers and they would be chuffed to do it at the taxpayers expense too.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lay low for a couple of months, then carry on as if nothing had happened?

Is the correct answer. The media will move on soon, and the Lords don't appear to be making any significant effort to move him on.

Just sit tight, in a few months it'll be back to the tidy salary and £200 a day for showing up,

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Public apology to placate those that think they actually count for something then retire quietly.

No need for anything else really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here