Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone seen an U21 game at the Elite Performance Centre?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm looking to go, just interested to hear what people thought of it. Were you able to wander about, or restricted at all in time or access?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
My brother in Law plays for the Under 18's so been half a dozen or so times. Of course your pretty restricted to the reception area and the walk to the pitches - didn't get the feeling you could just wander about.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm looking to go, just interested to hear what people thought of it. Were you able to wander about, or restricted at all in time or access?

Very much ushered towards the pitch, certainly not an opportunity to wander as far as I can see.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Meet in reception, shown to the pitch where the game is played, wander out.

The first team tend to train in the morning, whereas I thought most of the Under 21 matches were in the afternoon.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You are directed to parking spaces when you drive up, you have to show your tickets as you enter reception, they have team sheets, you are then you are told the route you can walk - toilet available in reception, pitch has a wooden rail with fence behind it, just on one side and you are restricted to standing alongside this, great views around the facilities to the south and over the downs and across to Brighton. Players have to walk along with you to and from changing rooms.

Defiantly worth a visit as you see loads of training going on at all levels around you on lots of pitches and see what an unbelievable facility it is, also get to see our great development players.

But you cannot just wander freely, security is like at the Amex and will stop you.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
You are directed to parking spaces when you drive up, you have to show your tickets as you enter reception, they have team sheets, you are then you are told the route you can walk - toilet available in reception, pitch has a wooden rail with fence behind it, just on one side and you are restricted to standing alongside this, great views around the facilities to the south and over the downs and across to Brighton. Players have to walk along with you to and from changing rooms.

Defiantly worth a visit as you see loads of training going on at all levels around you on lots of pitches and see what an unbelievable facility it is, also get to see our great development players.

But you cannot just wander freely, security is like at the Amex and will stop you.

It's probably good that security is tight! Well it all sounds like a great experience, and I'm interested to see the DS in action.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Its great. You're allowed to do whatever you like.

I had a kick-about with Kemy and Jeff Monkana on the indoor 3G, then a jacuzzi with Calde :love: before smashing Kaz at FIFA on the xBox in the players' chill out lounge.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

I had a kick-about with Kemy and Jeff Monkana on the indoor 3G, then a jacuzzi with Calde :love: before smashing Kaz at FIFA on the xBox in the players' chill out lounge.

That all sounds great, but I can't imagine it could ever be that good again without Kemy....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

If it wasn't for blatant lie there (Kemy kicking a football) that would be a thoroughly believable tale.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I went on a cold sunny afternoon in January. Interesting to see around the place, was free to walk to where the game was taking place but don't really get to see behind-the-scenes as such. Impressed at the scale and size of the set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here