Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Has anyone seen an U21 game at the Elite Performance Centre?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking to go, just interested to hear what people thought of it. Were you able to wander about, or restricted at all in time or access?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      My brother in Law plays for the Under 18's so been half a dozen or so times. Of course your pretty restricted to the reception area and the walk to the pitches - didn't get the feeling you could just wander about.

0 Not allowed!
      I was going to go but it seems like it's quite a way from Lancing Station
      We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue'n'white View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Probably only 15-20 min walk.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidRyder View Post
      I'm looking to go, just interested to hear what people thought of it. Were you able to wander about, or restricted at all in time or access?
      Very much ushered towards the pitch, certainly not an opportunity to wander as far as I can see.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      Very much ushered towards the pitch, certainly not an opportunity to wander as far as I can see.
      So no chance to sneak a look at the 1st team in training?

0 Not allowed!
      Meet in reception, shown to the pitch where the game is played, wander out.

The first team tend to train in the morning, whereas I thought most of the Under 21 matches were in the afternoon.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You are directed to parking spaces when you drive up, you have to show your tickets as you enter reception, they have team sheets, you are then you are told the route you can walk - toilet available in reception, pitch has a wooden rail with fence behind it, just on one side and you are restricted to standing alongside this, great views around the facilities to the south and over the downs and across to Brighton. Players have to walk along with you to and from changing rooms.

Defiantly worth a visit as you see loads of training going on at all levels around you on lots of pitches and see what an unbelievable facility it is, also get to see our great development players.

But you cannot just wander freely, security is like at the Amex and will stop you.
      Dawning of a new era
      Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue'n'white View Post
      Seen quite a few walk it, but obviously easier by car (or taxi from the station) its pretty flat though.
      Dawning of a new era
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Horton's halftime iceberg View Post
      You are directed to parking spaces when you drive up, you have to show your tickets as you enter reception, they have team sheets, you are then you are told the route you can walk - toilet available in reception, pitch has a wooden rail with fence behind it, just on one side and you are restricted to standing alongside this, great views around the facilities to the south and over the downs and across to Brighton. Players have to walk along with you to and from changing rooms.

Defiantly worth a visit as you see loads of training going on at all levels around you on lots of pitches and see what an unbelievable facility it is, also get to see our great development players.

But you cannot just wander freely, security is like at the Amex and will stop you.
      It's probably good that security is tight! Well it all sounds like a great experience, and I'm interested to see the DS in action.