Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save the BBC petition.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Will it do any good? No idea, although I imagine probably not.

I signed it anyway.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The BBC is full of over inflated egos, and over inflated salaries. Most programs have two or three presenters when one would do.

Hack away.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were paying Brice Forsyth £500k for a show that lasted a few months. That's not how the money should be spent.

The BBC can do one, rip off tax for a channel that is only interested in making programme's for women and gay men.

Bring back my Top Gear, full F1 season and manly offensive comedies.

Utter tripe politically correct shit, made by trendy hipsters with no concept of real life.

That's all thanks:)

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Given that something like a third of the budget has already been taken away (for things like rural broadband, the World Service, and free licenses for the over 75s) I think that it's a bit late to start worrying about it now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the BBC isnt in any danger. yes there's some review proposed, maybe we could wait until some of that has progressed, even input into the the review to help steer the outcome. rather than knee-jerk petitions.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
to busy trying to match ITV and Sky
should stick to what they are good at documentaries, world news and good drama leave the chavy"entertaiment" to the other channels who do it so dreadfully

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
should stick to what they are good at documentaries, world news and good drama leave the chavy"entertaiment" to the other channels who do it so dreadfully
This. The BBC does provide a good service, but it also provides more than it needs to. I've no problem with it trying the chavy entertainment if it might make money from it. Top Gear obviously made a lot more than it cost, which benefits all of us.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

But the conservatives want the BBC to stop making good drama!

A lot of the critics and the expect something for nothings (Those that believe the license fee is a rip-off) will miss it when it's gone.

Would there be anybody that misses listening to the Albion on a Saturday I wonder?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

A lot of the critics and the expect something for nothings (Those that believe the license fee is a rip-off) will miss it when it's gone.

Would there be anybody that misses listening to the Albion on a Saturday I wonder?

I miss being able to smoke in a pub, standing at football matches and enjoying the freedom of a proper buffet carriage on the train to London.

They are all history now-a-days......let the BBC go, enjoy the extra few quid in your pocket and remember the good times that have long since gone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The public need to speak and speak loud how they feel about the Beeb. The government clearly have an agenda

If we're not careful we're end up like Australia where public service TV (the ABC) is marginalised and commercial channels show up up 20 minutes an hour of ad between 40 minutes of imported crap.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Not watched anything on BBC1 for years, total dumbed-down garbage. Don't even bother looking at the schedules any more. Occassional good things on BBC2 and BBC4, but they're mostly repeats.

Okay so you don't watch BBC1. Do you use their website? Ever listen to Radio 5? What about an Albion away game you can't make, ever listen to it on local radio?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Okay so you don't watch BBC1. Do you use their website? Ever listen to Radio 5? What about an Albion away game you can't make, ever listen to it on local radio?

Indeed its not just about BBC1. Anyone rather watch footy on ITV than BBC, or listen to it on Talk Sport instead of Radio 5? There will be a few but not many

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Where is your proof for that, have you got a quote from a minister to back it up?

The BBC is great - but the waste within it is ludicrous,even on Pienaar's Politics the other day they were saying how despite having over 50 meetings rooms at broadcasting house the Beeb still spends hundreds of thousands of pounds on different meeting rooms in SW1.
Is it really right for the BBC to spend £20 Million importing programs such as The Voice?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here