Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long?

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
How long will it take for BHA to grace the Premiership?
I am over 50 years old and I am not confident that it will happen in my lifetime.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I am over 50 years old and I am not confident that it will happen in my lifetime.

It is near enough a certainty within 10 years.

The infra-structure at Albion is in place now to build a very strong club, only a matter before it all clicks for a manger and set of players to gain promotion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I take it you've got a clean bill of health, eat healthily, exercise regularly, and still have all your grandparents.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
image.jpg

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
I think the Albion will get promotion long before England will win the world cup again, if that helps you Guerrero. I saw the 1966 world cup win so probably time is running out for me too, ffs.:laugh:

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Is it wrong of me to say that I don't care?

The more I watch football the less it matters to me if I'm watching my local team scrapping away in division 10 or Brighton challenging (or not) in the Championship. There's an emotional investment either way and for me it's about the individual games, and the players' performance in those games, more than the final league position. I don't see Brighton achieving promotion having a massive impact on my matchday enjoyment either ay.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We will have a reasonable chance this season, but to be honest I am happy if we are just competetive in the Championship.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

The more I watch football the less it matters to me if I'm watching my local team scrapping away in division 10 or Brighton challenging (or not) in the Championship. There's an emotional investment either way and for me it's about the individual games, and the players' performance in those games, more than the final league position. I don't see Brighton achieving promotion having a massive impact on my matchday enjoyment either ay.

Totally agree mate, been going for 50 years and apart from the late 70's and early 80's, we have been in the lowest 2 divisions for most of my time supporting, so to have 4 seasons in the championship, is pretty good in my book, with the wonderful facilities. I think that a load of old fans are the same as me, the premiership is not the utopia for us ,Just happy supporting our community football club. I think we will make the promised land in the next few years as the infrastructure is being put in place is first class and understand that we are now getting some very good kids joining us, at a very early age, beating off the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Probably never (and given other similar teams experiences we wouldn't be there for long anyway - I'm not sure I want to experience us bouncing along the bottom getting thrashed every week like most other newly promoted teams (with certain unmentionable exceptions of course)).

The best chance was a couple of years ago, but that momentum has vanished along with that team. It might reappear with the new lot, but they are all very untried at present - all potential but no record.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In your 50's? You therefor must be aware that we have already graced the top league. But beware what you wish for. From 1971 to 1979 I wished for the top and when it arrived it wasn't all that it was made out to be. Enjoy the day.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Partial agreement...when we did grace top division 32years ago we didn`t survive long...but the Idea of having top clubs at the Amex(Arsenal was Great Last Season) does appeal..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It is near enough a certainty within 10 years.

The infra-structure at Albion is in place now to build a very strong club, only a matter before it all clicks for a manger and set of players to gain promotion.

How can you say it will be a certainty ? We are similar sized clubs and you don't many chances to go up ,if any , so you have to grasp the opportunity when it comes . We did and with a bit of luck you can make a fist of it . Your academy has been open for 2 seasons so to say it's a certainty is bordering on arrogance .

theboybilly

How can you say it will be a certainty ? We are similar sized clubs and you don't many chances to go up ,if any , so you have to grasp the opportunity when it comes . We did and with a bit of luck you can make a fist of it . Your academy has been open for 2 seasons so to say it's a certainty is bordering on arrogance .

It's good we have the academy but so many other clubs are following suit. MK Dons have just bought space for 24 pitches and Burnley were on Sky yesterday showing the progress of their new facilities. This are not huge clubs. There are enough bigger clubs in this division to make promotion far from any certainty. Having seen a few Premier League clubs at the Amex now, for me it is all about the journey. The prospect of another visit from Arsenal and Chelsea fans with their sense of entitlement fills me with foreboding to be honest. I love the Championship.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's good we have the academy but so many other clubs are following suit. MK Dons have just bought space for 24 pitches and Burnley were on Sky yesterday showing the progress of their new facilities. This are not huge clubs. There are enough bigger clubs in this division to make promotion far from any certainty. Having seen a few Premier League clubs at the Amex now, for me it is all about the journey. The prospect of another visit from Arsenal and Chelsea fans with their sense of entitlement fills me with foreboding to be honest. I love the Championship.

So where we are now represents the end of the journey for you? Get a grip. Sake! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here