Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Umag Croatia

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mrs Wz has just told me that we are going there at the beginning of Sept :eek:

Feel ashamed to say that although I frequented Serbia and Montenegro on business a few years ago i know nothing about Croatia. Any info/tips ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought it was a player we are SINGING.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Mrs Wz has just told me that we are going there at the beginning of Sept :eek:

Feel ashamed to say that although I frequented Serbia and Montenegro on business a few years ago i know nothing about Croatia. Any info/tips ?

You'll love it! But bear in mind that the war (against the Serbs) is still very fresh in the memory there and you will see the scars of it on lots of buildings (often derelict). That said, the people are friendly and it's a beautiful country - shame it's suffered such terrible times. Have a great time, Wz, your missus has done the right thing, stand on me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
More importantly do you miss any games!?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You'll love it! But bear in mind that the war (against the Serbs) is still very fresh in the memory there and you will see the scars of it on lots of buildings (often derelict). That said, the people are friendly and it's a beautiful country - shame it's suffered such terrible times. Have a great time, Wz, your missus has done the right thing, stand on me.

Umag's closer to Venice -- there used to be a ferry -- than Zagreb, as it is way over on the west coast of the Istria peninsula. I doubt the war touched it or its immediate surroundings very much.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I spent some time recently almost fly drive but went to Split Dubrovnik and Hvar along with a few little coastal areas. Lovely part of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here