Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spitting and Snotting on pitch

Should spitting and snotting be a yellow card offense?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
“72-year-old Mr Dix said handkerchiefs could be the answer.

He said: “One of the worst things is spitting. There will be a certain amount of spit that sports people need to get rid of but when they start to discharge their nose on the pitch, it’s disgusting.”

“Football authorities need to clamp down on this, it’s not acceptable. It should be excluded from any sports ground or pitch because of the infection possibilities and it is disgusting.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/president-sport-newcastle-calls-football-8787019

Poll to follow

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No, for those who say yes have you ever played any sport?

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Ha Ha you have no idea - try living in Asia. I'm surprised there isn't a spitting league here as everyone practices so hard. It's remarkable so see your diminutive female co-workers hoik at the desk next to you like it's just fine. Every bus stop is a chance to play "green, red or white" a fun game of avoiding treding on the Bacon-esque deposits of the frothy mouthed teenagers, the luminiod bronchitis middle aged smokers or the occasional streaky red slime of the pulminarily obsructed.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Spitting is one thing, but blowing out a thick greeny is pretty disgusting for the next player to accidently body slide on it.

The alternative is sucking it up which isn't good for you either. I get rid of snot regularly when playing sport usually on my own clothes but it's a necessity for me otherwise I'd be off work every other week with a tight chest.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The alternative is sucking it up which isn't good for you either. I get rid of snot regularly when playing sport usually on my own clothes but it's a necessity for me otherwise I'd be off work every other week with a tight chest.

The alternative is the football kit providing a pocket to put a handkerchief in. Snotting greenies on the pitch doesn’t happen in basketball or tennis etc.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ha Ha you have no idea - try living in Asia. I'm surprised there isn't a spitting league here as everyone practices so hard. It's remarkable so see your diminutive female co-workers hoik at the desk next to you like it's just fine. Every bus stop is a chance to play "green, red or white" a fun game of avoiding treding on the Bacon-esque deposits of the frothy mouthed teenagers, the luminiod bronchitis middle aged smokers or the occasional streaky red slime of the pulminarily obsructed.

:lolol:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The alternative is the football kit providing a pocket to put a handkerchief in. Snotting greenies on the pitch doesn’t happen in basketball or tennis etc.

I bet it does it's how people get rid of congestion to help their breathing. There must be subtle ways of doing which other sports people employ.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But they don't spit and snot on the gym floor whilst on the treadmill.

:shrug:

They're athletes, or as close as some of them will ever get, and they have to be able to breathe as best they can doing whatever they can. Besides, didn't the blessed Paula Radcliffe once take a dump mid-marathon in full view of spectators? And pretty sure there's some kind of Lineker World Cup follow-through story he's held his hands up to. Not that he could actually deny it :lol:.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
:shrug:

They're athletes, or as close as some of them will ever get, and they have to be able to breathe as best they can doing whatever they can. Besides, didn't the blessed Paula Radcliffe once take a dump mid-marathon in full view of spectators? And pretty sure there's some kind of Lineker World Cup follow-through story he's held his hands up to. Not that he could actually deny it :lol:.

:lolol: I'm not advocating accidently shitting yourself being a yellow card.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
When you push your body to the limits you do get a nasty metal taste in your mouth what I believe is due to having too much hemoglobin in the blood, so it builds up in the lungs where it is then transported to the mouth mixed with phlegm.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, for those who say yes have you ever played any sport?

Yes, badminton to county level and a bit of football. Can't imagine what people would have thought if I'd gobbed on the badminton court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here