Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T20 blast surrey. V sussex game off

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Does anyone know how to work out when and who will be playing who from final league positions?

BBC only has dates and QF1 v QF2, QF3 v QF4 etc etc

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have I got this right?

Essex need to beat Kent, or Glamorgan need to beat Gloucestershire and overturn a 0.6 net run rate to deny us a home quarter final. Cannot see it, especially as it is raining in Cardiff and Chelmsford too.

Lucky old Sussex saved by the rain again...

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Have I got this right?

Essex need to beat Kent, or Glamorgan need to beat Gloucestershire and overturn a 0.6 net run rate to deny us a home quarter final. Cannot see it, especially as it is raining in Cardiff and Chelmsford too.

Lucky old Sussex saved by the rain again...

Yes, something like that. Or could we still get 2nd even if Essex win a very low scoring (thereby reducing their run rate) match?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've had rain all day (Cardiff area) can't see Glam v Gloucs going ahead.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Gutted that it's off, even though at least it guarantees qualification. Was looking forward to watching that, and had in fact already pounded the sofas cushions into couch potato configuration. :down:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Gutted that it's off, even though at least it guarantees qualification. Was looking forward to watching that, and had in fact already pounded the sofas cushions into couch potato configuration. :down:

That. And the perfect weather forecast for Sunday (rain 10 till 4) means I probably won't get to watch my village team play. :cry:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sussex have signed Alfie Thomas from Somerset for the 50 over tournament. Will allow us to rest Robinson who we are in danger of burning out (sore shins).

PG

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I travelled up as weather in Hove was improving, but it was raining since I got here. Stopped for now but I decided I'd just watch it in a pub rather than risk getting soaked.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Glamorgan v Gloucestershire abandoned as a draw. No word from Chelmsford yet.

As a cricket pedant : a draw is in real cricket when there are not enough days left to have a result, a tie is when scores are equal, an abandoned match is a no result.

Apologies for myself.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
As a cricket pedant : a draw is in real cricket when there are not enough days left to have a result, a tie is when scores are equal, an abandoned match is a no result.

Apologies for myself.

You, sir, are quite correct. No apologies needed for such necessary pedantry.

As an aside, it seems there is some confusion as to whether the game is abandoned. BBC summary says wash out, but it's still saying 'delayed due to rain' on the scorecard.

Inspection right now at Chelmsford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here