• Pessimistic

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Whatever

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dandyman

In London village.
Given the flurry of new signings, the Academy at Lancing and a club that looks far more coherent in it's thinking than 12 months ago, are the good people of NSC currently feeling optimistic, pessimistic or somewhere inbetween regarding how we will do in the coming season ?

To put my cards on the table I am cautiously optimistic (which no doubt means another relegation struggle...)

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think to be honest the club are doing what they said they would do, build an infrastructure that will make this club successful and hopefully self sufficient, without TB putting in millions every year. Think we are doing it very well and can't understand some fans moaning about lack of investment, can't think of any other club outside the premiership who have spend over £200 million. Very optimist for the future as we are going in the right direction and investing in our future with the production and buying of young players with potential as opposed to journey men who want huge salaries. Happy here thanks.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll go along with cautiously optimistic. I think the club seem to be on a lot surer footing this summer. The almost total news blackout on signings suggests that club have got a bitter discipline about them. Also the signings that have come in so far look promising. A long way to go yet, but I am not anticipating another relegation fight this season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
waiting to see what further attacking options are brought in.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I approach every season with optimism. The points are there to be won, aren't they? And when you look at the teams that have gone up and down each season we've been in the Championship I doubt that people could have called them beforehand regardless of the squads that they had put together.

If I wasn't optimistic at this point of the season I'd probably just walk away from football altogether.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm absolutely delighted with the signings we've made - strengthening in pretty much all the key positions. What's more, the pre-season form is looking more and more encouraging.

Overall, optimistic. But I do tend to be at either extreme when it comes to my Albion mojo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm absolutely delighted with the signings we've made - strengthening in pretty much all the key positions. What's more, the pre-season form is looking more and more encouraging.

Overall, optimistic. But I do tend to be at either extreme when it comes to my Albion mojo.

Would agree except we are still INSANELY short at centre back. Only have 1 player who I would want starting next season, and he might be off.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cautious optimism, the club have done some really good business so far this summer with the promise of more to come and Hughton is quietly but competently constructing a squad capalbe of reaching the upper echelons of this league. I also think generally after last seasons dissapointment there is slightly less expectation around the club which will help some of our younger players flourish.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No loanees = A better start .

If it goes tits up then at least it rules out that the blame the not trying loan players , still think we are short of a quality striker but much more hopeful than i was this time last season .

7/10

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
It is hard to argue with the fact that we are building a fantastic infrastructure for the future. The next year or 2 i expect to be at least mid table, but i am extremely optimistic for the medium to long term future. We have a fantastic club with a proper chairman, and business people supporting him who know how to build a proper setup. Easy to take a pop but the progression over the last 5-10 years has phenomenal. Some people are impatient for immediate success which i can understand given how close we got a couple of years ago. Having followed the Albion for 40 years i am looking a bit more long term. I would happily take Premier league in 5 years if that's how long it takes, but hope for even sooner.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yep, in the happyish camp too. As has been mentioned, CB still a position that offers a little depth concern but otherwise LET'S GOOOOOOOOO.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Delighted with the recruiting for the U21's.

Slightly disappointed so far with first team matters.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Will be optimistic once we've signed 1 or 2 wingers, a centre back and perhaps a creative midfielder (though that may be Harper?), until then I'm 'whatever'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here