Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos

Do you have Tattoos ?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is getting body art on the increase of decrease. As the hot weather has arrived, not today obviously, I have realised that I now seem to possibly be in the minority in not having any tattoos.

What percentage of NSCers have at least one tattoo?

On another point, do any of you regret having them done?

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see more and more women with tattoos now.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have one, felt I was missing out. No regrets, I quite like it but it's not always on show.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a small seagull with bha fc underneath never think about it and no regrets even got me out of a kicking once..long story.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Don't have any but want to get one or two.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I appreciate good arty tattoos but have no intention to ever get one myself, definitely on the jncrease though at least in Brighton.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'm 43. When I was in my 20's it wasn't really cool to have any. Now footballers, musicians etc all have them. I still associate tattoos with the forces and people of poor education all though I know that's no longer true. Would be interesting to see the ages/backgrounds of the people that have them. Plus I'm a hairy b*******d. You wouldn't see them on me!!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Each to their own but my opinion for what it is worth ... hideous things which look worse and worse as you get older, and on women? Awful just awful, IMO of course

Cue hipsters ex sailors and people who worked at the circus telling me how terrible a human being I am.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
No, none... However the wife has various sayings, remarks or quips in fancy writing on various parts of her body.

Don't mind it, it's just not for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't have one and certainly won't be getting one.

I don't mind the odd small tattoo, some even look pretty good. In general I find them pretty hideous though, especially those tattoo "sleeves" which seem to be quite popular.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Have 2. Albion badge on right arm and a tattoo of Freddie Mercury on the other. Neither particularly visible unless I'm wearing a sleeveless or no shirt. Don't regret either but occasionally get a bit self-conscious having a football tattoo on show when on the beach on holiday, and did once suffer from some nasty homophobic verbals from a fat northerner in Turkey because of having both a Brighton and Freddie Mercury tattoo.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've got a fair few including a sleeve.

I'm currently looking to get my next big one, just gathering some ideas.

I don't regret any of them, a couple are absolutely meaningless but wouldn't change them.

I might regret them when I'm a lot older, but I'll deal with that later on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Each to their own but my opinion for what it is worth ... hideous things which look worse and worse as you get older, and on women? Awful just awful, IMO of course

Cue hipsters ex sailors and people who worked at the circus telling me how terrible a human being I am.

Well, I think you are right.

I think there is a lot of pressure to make a statement and "Be Different " these days, it's almost like a right of passage thing and one in the eye for their parents.

About 10 years ago one of my daughters friends turned up at the house with dyed blood red hair , I started to say something like " what the...." and my daughter smacked me on the arm and said " Don't say anything, she's very self concious..." well in my book she had just made her self conciousness worse but at least the dye would grow out in the end. Tats are a bit like that but you are stuck with them. remember, we all look back on pictures of ourselves in our youth and say" I can't believe I had a Kevin Keegan perm" or similar
. So when you get yourself tattooed with a picture of Morrisey think how that will look when you are having a blanket bath in the nursing home in 50 years time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have a sleeve on my left arm and a back piece. More work to link them all up and improve them a bit in November and then I'm done.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pre posting this thread I was wondering if a tattoo removal business would be something that might work. It appears from responses on here that it would go bust in no time :smile:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My uncle has loads. They've all blurred and at age 75 his arms just have purple patches all over them.

On women I find them a real turn-off (same with piercings)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I have 6 Tattoos and had all of them before I was 18, I am now 50. Yes they are faded and look a mess, but the upside is I have 3 boys all in their 20s and not one of them has a tattoo, just show them mine and the thought of having that mess on their arms in 20 odd years time puts them right off, much to Mrs Lozs joy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here