Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be our Captain for the forthcoming season?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Will Hoots persevere with Greer or will he hand the armband to someone else....

Kayal?
Dunk?
Stockdale?
Stephens?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Depends on what happens in the two CB positions but wouldn't be surprised if Greer continued in short term with arm band being worn by either Rosenior, Kayal or Crofts when he's not playing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Greer. I don't think there's another real candidate amongst the current squad to be honest. I don't remember Kayal barking orders last season and the only other (maybe) contender, Dale Stephens, is quiet too.

Did you never see Kayal play!?

He is CONSTANTLY talking to the other players, and he's the one who comes over to the bench to take instructions, and he is often the one gesturing to the fans to crank it up. Kayal is 100% captain material.

It'll be Greer, though.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Greer all day long.He is the club captain no fuss no dramas just gets on with it.
The captain dosent have to be the best player he needs to get the best out of the players around him.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Greer all day long.He is the club captain no fuss no dramas just gets on with it.
The captain dosent have to be the best player he needs to get the best out of the players around him.

But does Greer get the best out the players around him?
Unfortunately, I don't think he does anymore!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But does Greer get the best out the players around him?
Unfortunately, I don't think he does anymore!

He has made Dunk the player he is (IMO) including a marked improvement in Dunk's constant lapses in concentration

theboybilly

Did you never see Kayal play!?

He is CONSTANTLY talking to the other players, and he's the one who comes over to the bench to take instructions, and he is often the one gesturing to the fans to crank it up. Kayal is 100% captain material.

It'll be Greer, though.

Yes I did see him play....ALL of his home appearances and most of his away ones. I'm not knocking his skill as a player, far from it as I think he is among our best. But captain? Not for me, not yet at any rate.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
People forget that our problem last season wasn't conceeding to many goals it was not scoring enough goals.
I think I read that with a month left of last season we had the 6th best defence in the division,not bad for a team fighting relegation.

So if it's not broke don't fix it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Should be Kayal as Greer isn't good enough to hold down a regular place now.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
People forget that our problem last season wasn't conceeding to many goals it was not scoring enough goals.
I think I read that with a month left of last season we had the 6th best defence in the division,not bad for a team fighting relegation.

So if it's not broke don't fix it

Although the manager would seem to disagree with two new fullbacks and I imagine at least one new centre half to arrive. I think last seasons problems didn't just revolve around the forwards. With a better defence it will enable us to play 10-15 yards further up the pitch. Having kayal, lua lua etc picking up the ball in the oppositions half rather than in our own will dramatically change our fortunes. Let's hope the attacking players we want to arrive do as well.

I'd go with kayal as captain.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Should be Kayal as Greer isn't good enough to hold down a regular place now.

SHOULD be but will be Greer. This will be Greer`s last year as captain due to age and ability to play whole season. He`s getting slower on the turn. It`ll be Greer and another (perhaps Kayal) as vice captain and I think the latter will be leading the team out jut as often as Greer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here