Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame this guy is on death row

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Does not sound that bad. They do have a TV in their cell and there are lots of channels in America. Mind you, after watching a a few hours of day time television in this country, I could happily take the death penalty!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is something unsettling and distasteful about the place.

I've read up on it before and it just smacks of '2 wrongs don't make a right'.

Obviously I fully understand the need for justice to be done and seen to be done.
Not to mention the rights of all the victims.

I know I'll be swimming against the tide and I'm probably not making much sense as I'm writing more as a gut reaction than a firm belief.
It just doesn't feel like something a civilised society would do, no matter how uncivilised the behaviour of it's occupants.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Obviously I fully understand the need for justice to be done and seen to be done.

I know I'll be swimming against the tide and I'm probably not making much sense as I'm writing more as a gut reaction than a firm belief.
It just doesn't feel like something a civilised society would do, no matter how uncivilised the behaviour of it's occupants.

Quite right. Things like this only go to show that there are plenty of "outraged" people who, given the chance, are just as brutal as the people they are "outraged" by.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Well he's sitting there in his cell with a pair of headphones on taking
a selfie and has managed to smuggle it out.
Can't be that bad or secure.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Should have thought of the consequences before deciding to blow innocent people up. No sympathy for him.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Have to agree. In my opinion normal people don't commit these sorts of acts so there must be something wrong in their head that has led them down this path. I am far from a Lilly liveried liberal but the older I get the more I try and understand what could drive people to these types of actions. At the end of the day nobody actually seems to benefit from locking them up so maybe more time should be spent trying to understand why people do these things and how we as a society can eradicate it. Having said that I can understand how the victims families may have a different perspective.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Should have thought of the consequences before deciding to blow innocent people up. No sympathy for him.

My feelings exactly. Stuff human rights and amnesty. These scum are the lowest form of life.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
M

Well you are entitled to your opinion mate.
I disagree! There are those in the 'civilised society' you speak of, that do things that are so far away from civilised that looked at from that of a victim or victims family, that these people simply cannot be allowed to live out their days in some cushy prison whilst the victims ability to live out their days was taken away. There is absolutely no justice there for me! Where's the civility for the victim in that!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
M

Well you are entitled to your opinion mate.
I disagree! There are those in the 'civilised society' you speak of, that do things that are so far away from civilised that looked at from that of a victim or victims family, that these people simply cannot be allowed to live out their days in some cushy prison whilst the victims ability to live out their days was taken away. There is absolutely no justice there for me! Where's the civility for the victim in that!

Yep on a level I completely agree.

But as Juan says what then differentiates 'us' from 'them'.
It's the tit for tat ramping up of abuse, that I struggle with.

I don't know what the answer is, or even if there is one, I just know it can't be this.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Quite right. Things like this only go to show that there are plenty of "outraged" people who, given the chance, are just as brutal as the people they are "outraged" by.

"Just as brutal"....are you on crack or something. Please justify to me how you think someone who frenziedly stabs a stranger to death with a knife or blows them up with a bomb is in anyway as "brutal" as a lethal injection. And unless you have some first hand experience of the emotional trauma the so called 'outraged' people you are happy to mock are feeling, then on what basis do you venture to label them 'Brutal'.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I don't agree with the luxury of having a TV in their cell, unless it's Jeremy Kyle 24/7 with the OFF button disabled!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The only thing I would do different is get him doing hard labor. By that I don't mean the outdoorsy, Cool Hand Luke ditch digging type of labor, I mean the pointless walking around on a giant hamster wheel, Oscar Wilde style labor. 12 hours a day of that should fix his wagon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here