Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Looks like Chris may be going with a predominantly 442 formation this season, based on what we saw at Crawley and the publicised information that this is his preferred set up.

Thank **** I say. Let's forget all the fancy dan formations which are all very nice and flexible etc but can come unstuck at this level -see Derby away last term.

You won't find a better box to box central midfield pairing than Stephens and Kayal anywhere in this league. Full backs are sorted, as is the forward line (many pairings, just need to get the right balance). The centre back two are a bit light in depth as are the right and left midfield, although we have some options.

I am feeling quite confident.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is the way forward and many promoted clubs from the recent past did....Time to entertain as most have been bored shitless of this tippy tappy going nowhere shite.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not for me, especially when the rest of the club is set up to play passing/possession based football in a 4-5-1;4-3-3 style. Not to mention the strongest part of the 1st team squad is central midfield.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Disappointing. Dinosaur football.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
2 striker is successful in our league, so I really hope we do go 4-4-2 for much/all of the season...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm still pretty convinced that we will play 4 3 3 or 4 5 1 whichever way you look at it when the season kicks off, if we can get further up the field defensively then our attacking players will look much better and will be Able to support a lone front man without the risk of being over run centrally.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Is it the 1970's again?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm still pretty convinced that we will play 4 3 3 or 4 5 1 whichever way you look at it when the season kicks off, if we can get further up the field defensively then our attacking players will look much better and will be Able to support a lone front man without the risk of being over run centrally.

How can we play with 2 wingers when the only 2 we have are injury prone and not always in form ?

If we sign 2 wingers then yes but another week is drifting by . We know for sure we've offered for 3 wingers and that 2 bids refused and we haven't gone back . The other could be argued why we didn't get .

Happy with 4-4-2 but we are starting to get a bit close to forest if we want to work on that system with any players we bring in.

Surely a signing tomorrow ? Been saying this a few weeks I know but the thought of dragging into next week isn't good .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Very much hope you are right, but have my doubts

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think it should change to suit the opposition, find out which formation they struggled with more.

This, the dinosaur approach is sticking to 442 relentlessly we need to be flexible and adapt to each game there is nothing wrong with playing 442 in some games and 433 or 4231 in others. We do seem to be buying players who are more flexible (and hopefully intelligent enough) to play more than 1 rigid system.
And as others have stated no way we have the cover on the wings to stick to 442 all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here