Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennetts field

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
Unbelievable car parking taken away from 1901 club members, now called Car Park A and only open to sponsors or partners and box holders, seem to remember a 5 yr lease on seats with parking in Bennetts Field if you had 2 season tickets,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unbelievable car parking taken away from 1901 club members, now called Car Park A and only open to sponsors or partners and box holders, seem to remember a 5 yr lease on seats with parking in Bennetts Field if you had 2 season tickets,

Told ya last year they'd do this. Quite sneaky if what you say is true but not vaguely surprised. Not that I care, it was a nightmare parking spot anyway.

I wonder what shenanigans will be pulled to get better corporate seating when 1901 renewals are due.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

One for PB I reckon if it really does renege on what you signed up for.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think to be fair they said parking would be provided not stated as Bennetts Field,. Personally prefer the university as you get to stretch your legs and you can get away quite quick.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really not worth worrying about, unless you struggle with the walk. The Uni parking is 100x better. Getting out of BF is just not worth it.

Let it go.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Told ya last year they'd do this. Quite sneaky if what you say is true but not vaguely surprised. Not that I care, it was a nightmare parking spot anyway.

I wonder what shenanigans will be pulled to get better corporate seating when 1901 renewals are due.

One for PB I reckon if it really does renege on what you signed up for.

I asked for clarification on this some time ago, PB has put it in writing that no 1901 members seats will be affected, in response to my question about to club wanting to move 1901 members to other seats to accommodate corporate guests he responded; "This is nonsense" and further into his reply "we already offer match-by-match hospitality in one of our 1901 lounges; this will continue - and it doesn't affect existing 1901 members seats in any way"

Think to be fair they said parking would be provided not stated as Bennetts Field,. Personally prefer the university as you get to stretch your legs and you can get away quite quick.

Bennetts Field was introduced as a last minute addition. Leading up to the opening of the Amex the 1901 Club parking had always been indicated to be in the university car parks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I asked for clarification on this some time ago, PB has put it in writing that no 1901 members seats will be affected, in response to my question about to club wanting to move 1901 members to other seats to accommodate corporate guests he responded; "This is nonsense" and further into his reply "we already offer match-by-match hospitality in one of our 1901 lounges; this will continue - and it doesn't affect existing 1901 members seats in any way"

QUOTE]

That's interesting, we'll have to see what happens. If we are at the arse end of the division come renewals it probably won't be an issue anyway and if we are up the top or promoted the renewal cost will probably be eye watering with quite few drop outs. Cynical, moi?

It will also be interesting to see how long the renewals are for, can they go to just one season at a time? I haven't read the small print.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

With all due respect the 5 year memberships in 1901 are up for renewal and if there is a whiff of promotion in the air the new set of prices could be interesting.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Bennetts field is terrible to get away from. You are much better off elsewhere. If you are not too good walking there are free buses running backwards and forwards to the Uni.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
With all due respect the 5 year memberships in 1901 are up for renewal and if there is a whiff of promotion in the air the new set of prices could be interesting.

That wasn't even what was being discussed, but yes, I'd expect so. Was informed today that the new packages will be announced in December 2105.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

With any luck it will be better for not having the 1901 ( I'm more important than you ) crew in there to be honest, Gave up on that place because of the arrogance in there.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I think the PRICE HIKES will be ENOUGH to see to that!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In the sense it's apparently going to take 90 years for them to provide info for 1901 renewals.

Haha, I see what you mean, what I in fact meant was December 2015.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

chris_kamara_youtube_sky_sports.jpg

Unbelievable Geoff!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here