Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter account suspended - help needed

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yesterday morning I discovered that Twitter had suspended my account (it is a new account I recently created, tweeting some news and info about one of my hobbies). I have absolutely no idea why they have suspended it. I simply see a message that says “Your account (@.........) is currently suspended. For more information, please visit Suspended Accounts.”

That link takes me to an article about suspended accounts with a link to a form where an appeal can be filed “Appeal an account suspension or locked account.” However, when I complete that form and hit the Submit button, a message appears saying “Based on your selections, we think you might benefit more from one of the topics here.”

That link takes me to a page with various topics, but following the relevant one for suspended accounts simply leads me back to the appeal form. :facepalm:

I have tried e-mailing them (support at twitter.com), but I get a response saying that Twitter doesn’t monitor that address. I have also tried tweeting Twitter support (from another twitter account) but I have had no response.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my next move? Anyone know an actual person at Twitter I could contact? I simply have no idea what I can do to even find out why the account was suspended.

(Why does a social media company handle issues like this in such an impersonal way, and make it so difficult to actually contact a real person?).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yesterday morning I discovered that Twitter had suspended my account

I've asked Twitter to suspend accounts as part of my work so do know the process from the other side. They normally do email you telling you why.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If its a new account you recently created, then why not just abandon it and start again ? Bit of a pain, but sounds like even more hassle trying to get it reinstated.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I've asked Twitter to suspend accounts as part of my work so do know the process from the other side. They normally do email you telling you why.

I have no idea why the appeal form won't submit; instead it leads me into a Kafkaesque nightmare.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It might be a blessing in disguise ?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If its a new account you recently created, then why not just abandon it and start again ? Bit of a pain, but sounds like even more hassle trying to get it reinstated.

If I have to start from scratch, I will. But I have no idea why the account has been suspended, and so a new account is probably also at risk of suspension. Plus having to re-follow the various accounts would be a ballache, as would re-creating the lists I had developed. To say nothing of having to re-build my followers.

Nobody has died, I grant you, but it is still extremely frustrating.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yesterday morning I discovered that Twitter had suspended my account (it is a new account I recently created, tweeting some news and info about one of my hobbies). I have absolutely no idea why they have suspended it.

Is it because your hobby is stealing womens' underwear from washing lines, maybe?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
possible causes-

offensive / malicious content of tweets.

too much following - they like folks to go easy, at the start. May have triggered an auto bar..

'impersonating' a well known person / company. Any parody account should make it clear.

Have you tried again, with the appeal form? It usually asks you to justify a reason for keeping the account, and confirm (in some other words), that you will 'behave' in future..

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
possible causes-

offensive / malicious content of tweets.

too much following - they like folks to go easy, at the start. May have triggered an auto bar..

'impersonating' a well known person / company. Any parody account should make it clear.

Have you tried again, with the appeal form? It usually asks you to justify a reason for keeping the account, and confirm (in some other words), that you will 'behave' in future..

Yep, still won't let me submit. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here