Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I heard that March was injured at Crawley last night, which is a great shame given his stop start career with us to date. Does anyone know how bad his injury is please? I can't see any info about this anywhere. I'm hoping to see a lot more of Solly this season, and hope he's not out again for weeks/months.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ankle injury i believe

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ankle injury i believe

Thanks - hopefully just a sprain rather than a break. I can't believe the bad luck March is having with injuries.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think it's a make or break season for him. Houghton is going to want to use him on the flank and if Solly can cut it (every indication is that he can) then it'll be very exciting. If he's not making an impression I wouldn't be at all surprised if he moves on. There's already whispers about him.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
He lasted around 23 minutes, went down under a tackle. Recieved attention from the physio and went back on but couldnt run. Hopefully not to serious but from where i was standing you could see he was upset and thumped the ground.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He lasted around 23 minutes, went down under a tackle. Recieved attention from the physio and went back on but couldnt run. Hopefully not to serious but from where i was standing you could see he was upset and thumped the ground.

He does tend to look fragile/light-weight on occasions but to be fair, I think, so do many wingers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I think it's a make or break season for him. Houghton is going to want to use him on the flank and if Solly can cut it (every indication is that he can) then it'll be very exciting. If he's not making an impression I wouldn't be at all surprised if he moves on. There's already whispers about him.

He's just turned 21, with limited league experience. I don't think it's quite a make or break season. Crikey, give the lad a chance. I'm willing to wait a couple of years at least. I agree with you though, all the indicators are there for him to be a very good player. If he does have a good season, the prem clubs will be watching.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh hell, not again.

Would hate for him to be a 'what if'/'if only' football story like Dean Ashton (a good career but went wrong just as he was stepping up) or Michael Johnson (what a fall from potential stardom).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's just turned 21, with limited league experience. I don't think it's quite a make or break season. Crikey, give the lad a chance. I'm willing to wait a couple of years at least. I agree with you though, all the indicators are there for him to be a very good player. If he does have a good season, the prem clubs will be watching.

I'd happily give him longer to develop - he's got real natural talent. I wouldn't want him to leave anytime soon, but there's whispers he's keen to explore other opportunities. Another disjointed season and a decent offer and perhaps he'd consider it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd happily give him longer to develop - he's got real natural talent. I wouldn't want him to leave anytime soon, but there's whispers he's keen to explore other opportunities. Another disjointed season and a decent offer and perhaps he'd consider it.

Think his hopes of moving on to better things would be helped if he actually proved he can play first. :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If he's thinking of moving on before he's played more than a couple of games on the spin without getting injured maybe we should cash in now? He has done nothing except draw a salary so far.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
If he's thinking of moving on before he's played more than a couple of games on the spin without getting injured maybe we should cash in now? He has done nothing except draw a salary so far.

Would be surprised if anyone came in with a decent offer tbf - he's done nothing so far other than flashes of skill - he needs a full season of consistent performances imo

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The less he plays, the better he gets. I bet JFC wishes he could get an injury and maybe he would be as highly regarded as Solly.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Now, I expect to be flamed----- but hey ho. I played 22 years Sunday League rising to the dizzy heights of Div 3. I was kicked off the park every week. I missed no more than 6 matches in all that time.11 years as a no9---11 years as a no5.I also managed the team :ohmy: and washed the fecking kit every week:eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here