Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the best places for rock pooling near Brighton and where to park?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Rottingdean without a doubt hours of fun....

White Horse car park is cheap and easy or just in front of the barrier for nothing if your lucky...

check the tide times though....

Have fun :thumbsup: last day of summer today its gonna be horrible for the rest of the week....

Attachments

• rottingdean_0305091103.jpg
    rottingdean_0305091103.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 1,283

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Rottingdean behind the White Horse pub, pay and display car parks very close.

Or park in Saltdean, free car park near Lido, go under the A259 ( footpath tunnel thingy) to the under cliff walk.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rottingdean without a doubt hours of fun....

White Horse car park is cheap and easy or just in front of the barrier for nothing if your lucky...

check the tide times though....

Have fun :thumbsup: last day of summer today its gonna be horrible for the rest of the week....

This. Used to go there loads with the kids.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wow that brings back memories!!

I was about 10 and we caught the bus from Woodingdean to go crabbing in Rottingdean.

Slipped on a rock and fell in and had to go home on the bus soaking wet! Plus, I pulled a mate in with me as I was trying to stop myself falling in ! Not very popular :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Rottingdean behind the White Horse pub, pay and display car parks very close.

Or park in Saltdean, free car park near Lido, go under the A259 ( footpath tunnel thingy) to the under cliff walk.

Er. Newhaven's not bad either, no?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wow that brings back memories!!

I was about 10 and we caught the bus from Woodingdean to go crabbing in Rottingdean.

Slipped on a rock and fell in and had to go home on the bus soaking wet! Plus, I pulled a mate in with me as I was trying to stop myself falling in ! Not very popular :)

Used to get winkles too, loads of them. Collect a bucketful then back to Grandad's for a good nosh all round!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would choose Ovingdean and park by St Dunstan's and go under the road by subway.

Rottingdean used to be good but it is a bane to park. Not so sure it is so good now.

Worthing Pier is another alternative on the very low tides.

Cuckmere Haven is another possibility.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great memory of my Dad walking us to Black Rock at 5am one summer to collect shellfish. Great trip. Just after we won the World Cup. Probably got those winkles from somewhere underneath Asda's Car Park.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Watch the tide but the eastern end of the undercliff at saltdean and past it towards portobello is quieter

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Peacehaven is another choice. When Rottingdean beach was closed (way back in the last century) I did a TV programme "Country Ways" rockpooling with Desmond Morris at Peacehaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here