Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photoshop help

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any PS whizzkids out there who can help?

I have a set of templates (which have been pre-sized and contain a logo) and a set of photos. I'm supposed to download the photos onto the template, size them to fit and save them.

The trouble is, when I download the pix, they go to a separate tab (which of course doesn't have the logo). How do I get the pix over the template? Cutting and pasting doesn't do it and Mr Google doesn't help

(I'm on a PC not Mac)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Open both, select the move tool, click and hold on one image, and drag it to the other tab (which will then become active) and then drag into place, then release the mouse. Then drag again to get it more accurately placed. You then have two layers in one file. Increase/decrease the size by pressing ctrl T, then hold shift and drag a corner to make it bigger/smaller.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
yes, I know how to resize, it's the dragging on to the other tab that I have a problem with. As soon as I click on the image, that's the tab that's live and if click on the one with the template, the image goes. I can't see how to keep both open at the same time

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Another way is to click on the photo layer in the layers panel on the righthand side. Then rightclick and select duplicate layer. In the pop up window select the template doc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7004374 said:
Make sure that both images have the same "Mode". Goto: Image -> Mode to check

Yep, they do.

But I bet it's something like that that's wrong - everyone tells me to move to the template as if it's straightforward - something's preventing me from doing this

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yes, I know how to resize, it's the dragging on to the other tab that I have a problem with. As soon as I click on the image, that's the tab that's live and if click on the one with the template, the image goes. I can't see how to keep both open at the same time
Try doing what I said. You drag one onto the tab that's not live. You don't let go of the mouse button. The tab that's not live will then become live, and all the while, you keep the button pressed.

If it doesn't work, try what deanbon said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here