Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Best SIM only contract, central Hove

0 Not allowed!
    I've been with o2 since BT Cellnet, and never had a problem, but it's time to change and make a saving.

I would have just switched to Giffgaff, but I understand they don't get the full o2 coverage, they get a watered down version.

My priorities:
    1) decent network coverage, starting with coverage in Hove
    2) The deal. I don't use a lot of minutes or data, so I imagine I can get what I need for £10 / month, unless the network isn't good enough, in which case I could have to stay with o2, and pay a bit more for their SIM only.
    3) customer service

So who are the best/worst?
    Giffgaff - o2 network
    Tesco - o2 network
    Virgin - EE network
    other?

Thanks
    Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Have you looked at Three? SIM only deals from £8/month and the coverage is good now.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Not overly clued up on this but my brother raves about GiffGaff who he switched to last year. In turn he has just persuaded the other to do the same.

In short, cheaper tariff than O2 but use of the same mast etc for coverage.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I put my son on GiffGaff and have had no problems. It's the only network that allows you to just top up when you like rather than having to pay a fixed amount per month ( although they do offer that as well ). So if you use your phone that little you may wish to consider that option.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

1 Not allowed!
      Moving to Giff Gaff from EE a few years back was the worst decision I ever made. They only get a small part of O2's network and it was terrible.

Never had signal. Data was VERY slow. Their network even went down 3 / 4 times meaning you could make calls / receive text.

Simply not worth the limited savings. Go with a proper network. IMO EE cant be beaten for data speeds if thats what you want. O2's 4G (which I have now) is pretty good though. I was with Three many years ago and their customer service was shocking.
      "He scores with his face......."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have you looked at Three? SIM only deals from £8/month and the coverage is good now.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
      To be honest, I haven't really looked at anything yet, other than reading previous threads on here (did a quick search). Three generally had a bad reputation, although perhaps that has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by hastings View Post
      Not overly clued up on this but my brother raves about GiffGaff who he switched to last year. In turn he has just persuaded the other to do the same.

In short, cheaper tariff than O2 but use of the same mast etc for coverage.
      I had planned to switch to GiffGaff, but then I read (more than once) that they don't have the same coverage as o2, they have a reduced version. I don't know if that is a fact or not.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I had planned to switch to GiffGaff, but then I read (more than once) that they don't have the same coverage as o2, they have a reduced version. I don't know if that is a fact or not.
      My son hasn't had any issues in either Patcham or Hangleton, the two places he most frequents. In fact, in Hangleton coverage on EE is awful.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

1 Not allowed!
      I've been with the lot over the last few years.

Best three by FAR are: Three, Virgin & T-Mobile (NOT EE).

Worst in my experience: Orange & o2 (inc. Tesco, Giffgaff - but these are purely due to network speeds).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chinman3000 View Post
      Moving to Giff Gaff from EE a few years back was the worst decision I ever made. They only get a small part of O2's network and it was terrible.
      You were moving from EE, not from o2, so is the poor GiffGaff network a known fact, or is it speculation?

IMO EE cant be beaten for data speeds if thats what you want.
      I don't need data speed. See my 1 - 3 in OP

1 Not allowed!
      I'm with Virgin SIM only and had no problem in Brighton and Hove, or elsewhere for that matter. I think I'm on their cheapest sim only, 150mins, 500mb, unlimited texts. It's been fine. I did switch to Virgin from Giffgaff as I did have coverage gaps that my wife didn't who had a Virgin sim before I did.