Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Jeremy Corbyn seems to be in the running for Labour Leader . A left winger pictured yesterday in Westminster chatting with Martin Mcguiness and Gerry Adams....whilst anyone may chat do others like me feel that Jeremy Corbyn if elected party leader coupled with any association with Sinn Fein would be catastophic for the Labour party.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's the new Michael Foot. The Tories will be popping even more champagne corks than normal if Labour choose Corbyn.

I'm an Andy Burnham man myself - not perfect but none of them ever are.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Jeremy Corbyn seems to be in the running for Labour Leader . A left winger pictured yesterday in Westminster chatting with Martin Mcguiness and Gerry Adams....whilst anyone may chat do others like me feel that Jeremy Corbyn if elected party leader coupled with any association with Sinn Fein would be catastophic for the Labour party.

thats how we stopped the bombings by talking to them

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Labour cannot be serious ...........................can they?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I personally think Corbyn is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale, Tory lite party. Labour's campaign was catesrophic because they no longer connect with the working classes, who historically they are supposed to represent. They need a lurch to the left instead of slowly inching towards the right. After five years of being f*cked over by the nasty party he's the sort of person who might just surprise you come next election.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Jeremy Corbyn has spoiled everything by having principles and beliefs and expressing them clearly and forcefully. How dare he?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I see where you're coming from. Apparently he has also been seen talking to Germans, Japanese, French, Spanish, Americans, Argentinians, Dutch, Portuguese and Romans (sorry, I meant Italians). Who knows who else he has had conversations with!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I personally think Corbyn is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale, Tory lite party. Labour's campaign was catesrophic because they no longer connect with the working classes, who historically they are supposed to represent. They need a lurch to the left instead of slowly inching towards the right. After five years of being f*cked over by the nasty party he's the sort of person who might just surprise you come next election.

Jeremy Corbyn has spoiled everything by having principles and beliefs and expressing them clearly and forcefully. How dare he?

Carry on, please, just carry on :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Corbyn is an alternative to Tory right or Tory light.

He will however ensure that one of the above will form the next government (and probably the former).

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Indeed, what the labour party needs more than anything to connect with 21st century Britain is a badly dressed leader called Jeremy who still thinks its 1979.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Since when have only the far left (or right for that matter) had a monopoly on having "principles and beliefs"? I have moderate centre-left principles and beliefs, which I hold strongly. Those things are not contradictory, believe it or not.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
People who say "we need to go to the left to win the election" see 1997, 2001 and 2005 as defeats and 1983 and 1987 as victories

When was the last time this country elected a left wing leader? Even Miliband was too far for the electorate and he looks like Thatcher compared to Corbyn

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact that "friend of the IRA" Jeremy Corbyn has come in and is now ahead in yesterday's YouGov poll of Labour supporters shows just how weak the rest of the field is.

The fact he has 43% of that poll to Burnham's 26% and Cooper's 20% is an indictment of them rather than an endorsement for him.

One of the first things that needs to happen for Labour is Kendall needs to bow out now and throw her support behind Burnham in order to counteract this daily Corbyn popularity creep. For Corbyn to be outpolling Kendall 4 to 1 shows that Labour supporters do not want Kendall's centrist agenda.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

nail head

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the surprise will be if he gets to the next election as leader of the Labour party. Labour wont talk about several issues that matter for the working classes, a major one being immigration, and i dont see Corbyn going to the right on that issue. another issue being the excessive welfare state, though this is more murky waters, need to see how much actual (rather than projected) impacted there is on that same group, again he wont move right on this subject. defence is another fairly popular subject for the centre left, might not be a vote winner there but cuts wouldn't be either. what im saying is, where is Corbyn going to go where he can pull a few million voters across to his party? lurching to the left certainly isnt it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The fact that "friend of the IRA" Jeremy Corbyn has come in and is now ahead in yesterday's YouGov poll of Labour supporters shows just how weak the rest of the field is.

Ain't that the truth.

I'm no particular fan of Corbyn but he's considerably more appealing than the three stooges on his right.

What I don't understand is why someone like Tom Watson or Stella Creasy didn't stand for leader. Watson has proved that he's an independent spirit, with some decent ideas and Creasy knows about building campaigns on particular issues. They're the sort of leaders the party needs, not people who are Tory Lite.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nah we should never elect a left winger it will never work wil it
we should follow the Scots example the left will never get in there either
OH no hang on a minute!

the reason the SNP got in in Scotland is mainly because the Labour party were like watered down tories

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here