desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
“The wind turbine was expected to generate around 20 per cent of the energy for the vertical cable car’s ascent.
But by capturing energy on the vertical cable car descent, we will recover approximately 50 per cent of the energy for the ascent so we will be saving more energy than originally envisaged.”

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I like all the Green credentials they are trotting out, maybe they could have been even more Greener and not built the bloody thing in the first place.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Changing the subject slightly do you think they realised about the the sea fret we get often. Drove past yesterday and could only just about see the top at the height it is now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
“The wind turbine was expected to generate around 20 per cent of the energy for the vertical cable car’s ascent.
But by capturing energy on the vertical cable car descent, we will recover approximately 50 per cent of the energy for the ascent so we will be saving more energy than originally envisaged.”

If only he'd read the article before posting a spurious thread title...:shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Call me a cynic but I can't help but think these things are put in to help it through planning a bit like our grass topped stadium that never materialised!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Call me a cynic but I can't help but think these things are put in to help it through planning a bit like our grass topped stadium that never materialised!!!

Cynic!!

Planning is a risk. The less money you put into a planning application, the less loss you will have if you are refused planning permission.

You therefore generally design something, whether a building or structure with an overall understanding that it will work, but you don't go to all the expense of detailed design and calculations / specification because that cost is an unnecessary risk at planning.

So you go in with a broadly understood scheme that if successful, you then get into the detailed construction. With all the consultants design input you then often have changes to the permitted scheme. These are either dealt with under the planning conditions, or you submit an application for minor amendments to the permitted scheme. If the changes were really significant then you may need to apply for planning permission again.

For a cutting edge unique bit of design, construction and engineering, I think you'd have to expect some design changes from the permitted scheme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here