Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There was me thinking the stadium wouldn't actually affect Falmer villagers

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can you hear the choir sing? No, no. Can you hear the choir sing? I can't hear a ****ing thing...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, what an absolutely horrific MESS of a website that Argus one is now, reminds me why I so rarely bother with it any more. The numerous pop-ups and videos make it utterly unmanageable to read - I couldn't even finish the article as it was partially obscured by a banner for something-or-other I couldn't get rid of, and trying to scroll down was pretty much a non-starter. I just cannot be bothered with sites like that, lifes too short.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As an aside, what an absolutely horrific MESS of a website that Argus one is now, reminds me why I so rarely bother with it any more. The numerous pop-ups and videos make it utterly unmanageable to read - I couldn't even finish the article as it was partially obscured by a banner for something-or-other I couldn't get rid of, and trying to scroll down was pretty much a non-starter. I just cannot be bothered with sites like that, lifes too short.

Reading mode in Firefox gets rid of all that cr*p - just click the little book icon at the end of the address bar.

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reading mode in Firefox gets rid of all that cr*p - just click the little book icon at the end of the address bar.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I'm at work so I don't get a choice of browser, its just good ol' IE. And the works server simply cannot cope with the sheer volume of ads and crapola that comes spewing forth from that Argus website. Its like trying to read something whilst being paintballed in the FACE.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Unfortunately I'm at work so I don't get a choice of browser, its just good ol' IE. And the works server simply cannot cope with the sheer volume of ads and crapola that comes spewing forth from that Argus website. Its like trying to read something whilst being paintballed in the FACE.

I can relate to that, I got shot in the ear paintballing once - fortunately I was wearing a furry deerstalker with the flaps down, so it was only EXTREMELY painful...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Same here.

I have a desk which faces out. The argus page refuses to acknowledge this and will always hang for 1 minute before I can continue to skim read.

Lost count amount of times I've tried to alt tab out as I'm hearing the MD's footsteps fast approaching.

For that reason - I'm also out !

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Still beats the car crash that is seagulls.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here