Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR sign forward from FC Groningen

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"QPR have signed attacking midfielder Tjaronn Chery from Dutch side FC Groningen for an undisclosed fee, after activating a release clause in the player's contract.

The 27-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Loftus Road and becomes the club's sixth signing of the summer.

Director of football, Les Ferdinand, said the club fought off Premier League sides for the player's signature."

FFP? Your having a laugh!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Anyone know what is happening with the FFP and QPR? I know QPR are "challenging" the FL as they have written off £60m (which reduces debt, NOT loss).

It seems a farce if they are either
a) still in the Championship this season
or
b) don't pay the £60m fine and not have this "transfer embargo"

I am curious to know what is actually happening and why, not what "should" happen 'morally' etc. We all know the answer to the latter.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
QPR know that the Football League doesn't have any cojones when it comes down to the nitty gritty of enforcing the FFP rules. QPR will argue that the rules don't apply to them because they were in the Premier League when that particular set of rules were introduced.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The £10million they got for Raheem Sterling is being well spent, not to mention the inevitable £15million they'll pocket for Charlie Austin and they've shredded their wage bill by releasing Zamora, Barton and the dozens of others.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Gone to appeal with QPR agreeing to abide by the outcome I believe.

Nothing will happen of course

Do you know when the appeal outcome is due? I ask as it's getting late in the day with the new season just weeks away. I would have thought they would want to sort this out earlier, especially "if" they got demoted a few divisions.....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
QPR have got to keep up with Brentford

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"QPR have signed attacking midfielder Tjaronn Chery from Dutch side FC Groningen for an undisclosed fee, after activating a release clause in the player's contract.

The 27-year-old has signed a three-year deal at Loftus Road and becomes the club's sixth signing of the summer.

Director of football, Les Ferdinand, said the club fought off Premier League sides for the player's signature."

FFP? Your having a laugh!

Would hardly have been of interest to us though would he?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do you know when the appeal outcome is due? I ask as it's getting late in the day with the new season just weeks away. I would have thought they would want to sort this out earlier, especially "if" they got demoted a few divisions.....

Still in discussion. The key is whether the £60m loan the owners put in to stay within FFP is against the rules. Hard to see how it isn't to be fair but the only question reference punishment is not about refusing membership to the FL butvthe size of the fine which one suspects will magically equate to their EPL parachute payments (not unreasonably in my opinion as they cheated to get there in the first place). Any less and clubs like Blackburn and Forest who have been hit with sanctions (no matter how meaningless) will launch appeals and that will be a proper mess.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems that the time is now right to belatedly BIN FFP as it clearly isn't working.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seems that the time is now right to belatedly BIN FFP as it clearly isn't working.

Meanwhile, back at The Amex we're still waiting to hear if we'll have a goal scorer in place before the season starts in 3 week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone know what is happening with the FFP and QPR? I know QPR are "challenging" the FL as they have written off £60m (which reduces debt, NOT loss).

It seems a farce if they are either
a) still in the Championship this season
or
b) don't pay the £60m fine and not have this "transfer embargo"

I am curious to know what is actually happening and why, not what "should" happen 'morally' etc. We all know the answer to the latter.

I read somewhere that they are taking the Football League to court on this and are carrying on as normal (spending what they like) until a verdict has been reached. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/qpr...ed-financial-fair-play-breaches-10253510.html

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here