Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Yards retiring

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mike Yardy retiring from all forms of cricket at the end of the season.

Sad but it's looked a season too far for him - he's been a great servant for the club though.

That means we have no players left now from the team that won the Championship that very first time

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is probably the correct decision.

It does mean Sussex are now lacking grafters / accumulators in the batting order. Too many batsmen that want to score off every ball, playing in the four day stuff.

Possible batting coach for Sussex?

WE DON'T NEED A BATTING COACH!!! (It's all the fault of dodgy wickets, ok?!) ???

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Unlike our batsmen....

The way Robinson seems to treat them, I'd imagine they're almost feral now, living rough, scavenging for food. He only seems to care for the poor bowlers.

Are we currently in a relegation place?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Who will run out our batsmen now? Presumably Robinson is searching for his replacement now..and will recruit an injury prone fast bowler.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The right decision, albeit one season too late.

Yardy has been a great servant to the county and has exceeded all expectations I had of him. It's pretty crucial that we stay up this season as we now need to ship in two decent batsmen.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not much of a tribute, I would like to add that on his day he was a game changer, with bat, ball and in the field. He had the power to get runs when required and his bowling squeezed the best of attacks. Got to play for his country - was shockingly attacked without merit by Boycott and has been a loyal servant of the club, I will miss him and he is the last playing connection to our last championship winning side.

Yardy barmy army...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Terrific player for Sussex. Captained his side to victory in the T20 and the Pro40 at the first attempt (but Goodwin has a lot to do with that). England World Cup winner too. He'll be 35 soon, so the right time to go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here