Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KP stirring things up...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just bloody hope it makes the players to perform at the 3rd test and shows we can live without him. Great player but can see why many want him out of the team

kp.PNG

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He may be an arse, but he'd fit nicely into that misfiring top order

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought this thread was going to be about nuts.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He should have thought about that before acting a total dick the last few years and losing total trust of the England setup.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Unless he can open in Tests , which he can't, not sure he'd get in anyway . Middle order isn't the problem

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
'look at me everyone, look at me! Over here! Me me me me!'

Sometimes it's very hard to tell why he was apparently so disliked by the team then, even now and again, it makes sense.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
But he is not lying on the beach is he? He's pacing up and down his hotel suite checking how many re-tweets he's getting. Checking out all the websites to see how many front pages he is on.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would rather lose next 3 without him than win with him. Clearly not being wanted is getting to him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just finished his autobiography and he comes across as a dick all the way through. Yes, he has little nuggets of probable truths regarding the ECB and the other players, but he comes across as being so hard done by all the time, nothing was ever his fault. Maybe it's a South African trait, don't know, but don't bother buying it.

The team has moved on, time to forget him. Bit of a waste really.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Other than one massive innings in division 2 against the worst bowling attack in the league, he has an appalling average in 4 day cricket in the last couple of years, and hasn't played any since May, preferring to whore himself around the world playing 20/20.

I would rather we give more youngsters a chance like we did with Root than go back to a self-promoting, egomaniac, opinionated twunt like KP.

Drop Lyth, open with Moeen, move Root to three and bring in Bairstow.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't help noticing he, and his 'supporters', were VERY quiet during (and after) the first test...

This sort of thing isn't going to help his cause, even if there WAS a chance of him getting back in. Has he conveniently forgotten the mistakes that he made when batting for England?

People/papers/pundits have very short memories and even shorter opinions it seems. A few weeks ago, English cricket was on it's way to the top with an Ashes victory; now it is at it's lowest ebb! In reality, I think it's somewhere in the middle - Lord's was a blip (albeit a big one), but the quality is there, Cardiff proved that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Strauss has been shown up to be the dullard he truly is with his email asking for slow pitches as his means of countering the Aussies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...itches-which-play-into-Australians-hands.html

Is there really a story there?

Preparing pitches to suit has been part of cricket home field advantage for as long as I can remember and, I'm sure, long before that.

A quick piece on the subject I found in 10 seconds: http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/622470.html

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is there really a story there?

Preparing pitches to suit has been part of cricket home field advantage for as long as I can remember and, I'm sure, long before that.

A quick piece on the subject I found in 10 seconds: http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/622470.html

Preparing pitches to suit is one thing, but if in doing so it blunts your own team's attack (this was the first test match in 60 that Anderson failed to take a wicket) then it's dumb.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can't help noticing he, and his 'supporters', were VERY quiet during (and after) the first test...

This sort of thing isn't going to help his cause, even if there WAS a chance of him getting back in. Has he conveniently forgotten the mistakes that he made when batting for England?

People/papers/pundits have very short memories and even shorter opinions it seems. A few weeks ago, English cricket was on it's way to the top with an Ashes victory; now it is at it's lowest ebb! In reality, I think it's somewhere in the middle - Lord's was a blip (albeit a big one), but the quality is there, Cardiff proved that.

Unless Cardiff was the blip?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here