Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Japanese apology

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
US~ 'Thanks very much for that. While we're on the subject about those two rather large bombs. possibly a bit much, but we wanted to see if they worked to be honest. no hard feelings?'

US~ 'Thanks very much for that. While we're on the subject about those two rather large bombs. possibly a bit much, but we wanted to see if they worked to be honest. no hard feelings?'

If I kick my neighbours Rottweiler in the nuts because he has a bigger vegetable garden than me, after the aforementioned Rottweiler has torn the shit out of me I wouldn't expect an apology from him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
If I kick my neighbours Rottweiler in the nuts because he has a bigger vegetable garden than me, after the aforementioned Rottweiler has torn the shit out of me I wouldn't expect an apology from him.

:lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How about a USA apology to Japan for dropping 2 Atom bombs on them in WW2 killing hundreds of thousands of people, mainly civilians, women and children, and many people dying years later from radiation poisoning.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
How about a USA apology to Japan for dropping 2 Atom bombs on them in WW2 killing hundreds of thousands of people, mainly civilians, women and children, and many people dying years later from radiation poisoning.

And bringing the Second World War to a swift conclusion. How many hundreds of thousands (on both sides) would have been killed during an Allied Invasion of Japan? No apologies required IMO.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
And bringing the Second World War to a swift conclusion. How many hundreds of thousands (on both sides) would have been killed during an Allied Invasion of Japan? No apologies required IMO.
Not sure if we would be saying the same thing if the Germans had invented the atom bomb and used it here to end the war in 1940 or Russia a bit later.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not sure if we would be saying the same thing if the Germans had invented the atom bomb and used it here to end the war in 1940 or Russia a bit later.

They didn't win the race to develop nuclear weapons, we (or rather the USA) did, so not sure what your point is.

Showing the world what the effects of nuclear weapons are in practice has probably saved us having to have the experience repeated, hence no others used in anger over the past 70 years.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

And saving an estimated quarter of a million allied soldiers lives you utter bellend .

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Why would someone say sorry for something they didn't do?

If my grandfather did something wrong, I'm sad he did it, but how does me saying sorry in any way make up for what he did?

A bit pointless tbf.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And saving an estimated quarter of a million allied soldiers lives you utter bellend .
Is there any evidence that they had to drop the second bomb? I don't blame them for the first, but I think they should have persuaded Japan to surrender without the need to drop the second.
Eh? What's that got to do with anything?

I was so naive, I didn't suss what this was about :moo:
I'm not sure the writer did either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here