Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Local Singer 13 years old & supports Brighton

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
She has real talent and was lovely to listen to, but could not a better place have been found?

Hi Hastings Gull, thanks for the nice comment, unfortunately there were too many buskers in Worthing on Saturday, I had to work so by the time I got her there, no good places

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nah, it's good to busk, even in the worst places. She'll be all the more confident for it. There's talent there, if that shows through even with that backdrop she should be chuffed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I put a couple of videos on NSC last year, well I think she is getting better, please let me know what you think. No abusive posts please, she is only 13.

Thanks for watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45a4OqjNZzg

She has clearly got the courage and comes over well, nice choice of song, never heard it before but it's a Bee Gees number that I can see is used in Suicide Squad. She should learn to play an acoustic guitar so she's not reliant on recordings. I am sure it would help her. Good job though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She's very good - I'm sure she must be 14 though as it would be illegal for someone younger than this to busk :)
Oh. I know a 6 year old that busks. We've all got to make ends meet, right?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Is she having lessons? She needs to make working on her support a priority. Improving her posture will help. There's a decent tone in there somewhere but honestly she's a little all over the place, and her breathing needs technique. Strength will come with age if she keeps it up, but she also needs to get accustomed to her own range and pick songs appropriately.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is she having lessons? She needs to make working on her support a priority. Improving her posture will help. There's a decent tone in there somewhere but honestly she's a little all over the place, and her breathing needs technique. Strength will come with age if she keeps it up, but she also needs to get accustomed to her own range and pick songs appropriately.

But, apart from all that tell us honestly.....

Is that you Simon..... .?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I expected to hear a fairly average performance, posted by an extremely proud parent. But to my untrained ear, her voice is absolutely beautiful and her potential to improve must be endless. You are rightly very proud of her. Superb.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I expected to hear a fairly average performance, posted by an extremely proud parent. But to my untrained ear, her voice is absolutely beautiful and her potential to improve must be endless. You are rightly very proud of her. Superb.

Hi Wellesley. I am very critical with her, I am not the sort of parent who says she is doing great when she is not. The reason I put one or two songs on here every year is to see what others think. Thank you very much for your nice comments

Her ambition is to one day sing at the AMEX, who knows, that opera sung at the AMEX. I was thinking of asking the club for her to sing at the bandstand, however she only wants to do that with a band. Shoreham allstars are trying to put a band with her, so you never know. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I give her massive credit for doing this, I could never have the bottle! There's a couple of girls in my town, about the same age, that busk. You can tell that they have zero confidence that people will want to listen to them or like their voices, as they are so quiet and withdrawn when singing.

To open yourself up and let a bunch of total strangers see your talent is something to be applauded.

Good on her - hope she succeeds!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Girl's definitely got a very decent voice and just the balls to get up on stage will get her a long way. The big shades look works best IMHO. But she really needs a prop for that dangling arm that she don't quite know what to do with. Guitar slung over the shoulder is one obvious solution, just to add a bit of motion if nothing else. Does she play or could she learn?

Afterthought: Loads of Patti Smith songs would suit her vocal range as per post #3, give 'em a listen. Here's one for starters...

Last edited:

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I give her massive credit for doing this, I could never have the bottle! There's a couple of girls in my town, about the same age, that busk. You can tell that they have zero confidence that people will want to listen to them or like their voices, as they are so quiet and withdrawn when singing.

To open yourself up and let a bunch of total strangers see your talent is something to be applauded.

Good on her - hope she succeeds!

Totally agree with your comments, I personally would never be able to busk, especially as I can't sing, well maybe I can on a Saturday after a few beers, although not sure anyone around me in the West Stand would agree.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Hi Wellesley. I am very critical with her, I am not the sort of parent who says she is doing great when she is not. The reason I put one or two songs on here every year is to see what others think. Thank you very much for your nice comments

Her ambition is to one day sing at the AMEX, who knows, that opera sung at the AMEX. I was thinking of asking the club for her to sing at the bandstand, however she only wants to do that with a band. Shoreham allstars are trying to put a band with her, so you never know. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

If she is looking for a band consider the Band Project which puts together talented local musicians. They learn a few songs over a term using Brighton Electric for sessions, and then play a concert at the end in a local venue. Very good level and my sons band just went into a recording studio at the weekend. Also consider BIMM when they have courses. If interested PM me and I can put you in touch with organiser who is always looking for talent which your daughter certainly has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here