Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Le Fondre: I have no future at Cardiff City, says striker

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Cardiff City striker Adam Le Fondre has confirmed he is on his way out of the Championship club.

The 28-year-old,*signed from Reading in May 2014,*spent the second half of 2014-15*on loan at Bolton*after scoring just three times for the Bluebirds.

Le Fondre now hopes to seal a permanent deal or a loan move away from Cardiff before the season starts in August.

"We've come to an agreement where I won't be playing my football at Cardiff anymore," he said.

"I'm just waiting for the perfect opportunity and the right club for me to go to.

"I've turned down a few offers already. Geographically, it's got to be right for me and my family. It's going to be a more northern club that I will be signing for, but obviously you never know what comes in front of you."

Could do a job?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
His scoring record is not too shabby for a short arse. But he's still a foot taller than Clunger.
Could do worse ..... and we have.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Le Fondre is a good solid option who has regularly bagged a dozen goals each season in the championship, can also play on the left of a three and for a transfer fee of 500k offers value for money (as long as wages aren't massively high) but there are a lot of similarities between him and Baldock.

Wouldn't be surprised if we were one of the clubs who had already made a move for him and were refuted - if we were its time to move on to another target.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Le Fondre is a good solid option who has regularly bagged a dozen goals each season in the championship, can also play on the left of a three and for a transfer fee of 500k offers value for money

A striker who scored a dozen or so goals in the Championship for his previous club, you say? For about £500,000? Like...Chris O'Grady?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here