Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abusive and anti-social behaviour on NSC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After one of albion1972's posts was reported, a view of his recent history shows abusive post after abusive post, each of which were worthy of warnings. Compounded, the behaviour is that of someone not welcome to use NSC.

I am somewhat surprised that there had not been more reports related to his posts. Please do not assume a moderator has read, and approved of, every post you see on NSC.

If you see abusive behaviour on NSC...

1. Please report it to flag it to moderators, allowing them to moderate. Do no assume that someone else has already done it.
2. Do not respond with abuse - you will get warnings too if you do.

If there is someone that you do not get on with, please use the ignore function so you don't see their posts.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
trouble is how long before he dreams up another user name?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
trouble is how long before he dreams up another user name?

This, though as I understand it there is not much the mods/admin can do, unfortunately.

I have no idea who 'he' is. However, each new account is manually vetted before being verified and if one is traced to an existing banned user then it is blocked at that point.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I have no idea who 'he' is. However, each new account is manually vetted before being verified and if one is traced to an existing banned user then it is blocked at that point.
Fair play - wasn't meant to be a dig at NSC, just something I thought I'd seen mentioned before, but I may have been mistaken.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There must be a way of banning an IP surely?!??!

maybe there is
but the person concerned could be using another PC the pattern has been that he gives you lots of thumbs down then someone totally unrelated does the same at the same time but never posts on that thread.
he has been I think using someone elses PC or using an internet cafe.
as Bozza says ignore is the way to go but that does not stop you getting a row as long as your arm of thumbs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair play - wasn't meant to be a dig at NSC, just something I thought I'd seen mentioned before, but I may have been mistaken.

It's not 100% successful and doesn't require a rocket scientist to get around but it does stop a lot of malicious users, most notably spammers, before they ever get to post.

Yep.

However albion1972 had something like 30 IP addresses during his time on NSC. If I look at the first one, it has also been used by the following users so if that IP address was blocked, it could impact all of these. Multiply that by 30 different addresses...

albion1972
atfc village
chucky1973
Hastings gull
Hatman1234
Insider
kevbha
lawros left foot
n1 gull
oneillco
The Camel
WhingForPresident

It's not 100% successful and doesn't require a rocket scientist to get around but it does stop a lot of malicious users, most notably spammers, before they ever get to post.

Yep.

However albion1972 had something like 30 IP addresses during his time on NSC. If I look at the first one, it has also been used by the following users so if that IP address was blocked, it could impact all of these. Multiply that by 30 different addresses...

albion1972
atfc village
chucky1973
Hastings gull
Hatman1234
Insider
kevbha
lawros left foot
n1 gull
oneillco
The Camel
WhingForPresident

Insider is Vulture?. :eek:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Surely, the internet provider has a responsibility to help and aid anyone who uses any social media, who dishes abuse of any kind?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's easy to change your IP also some of us use multiple IPs - I wouldn't imagine Bozza would see my posts coming from at least 3 different ones, if not more.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh stop being sensible, I was waiting for the NSC conspiracy theorists to think all those people are posting using the clubs computers and a new binfest to start

#JeSuisVulture

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Surely, the internet provider has a responsibility to help and aid anyone who uses any social media, who dishes abuse of any kind?

Sorry rephrase:
Surely, the internet provider has a responsibility to help and pursue anyone who uses any social media and dishes abuse of any kind?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here