Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton fans trying to raise £500,000 to help buy Adam Le Fondre

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With a grand total of £575 raised to date, they better get a move on if they want him this season (or before he retires).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33583621

"It's brilliant. I just thought it was really impressive and touching. It's flattering to see things like that, that they care so much to want to bring me into Bolton," Le Fondre said.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even if they raise it, it'll still count towards Bolton's Financial Foul Play allowance, which may be a problem for them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Then they'll need to raise the 1.5 million in wages over the next 2/3 years. It's going to be one hell of a f.....g sponsored walk. They'll be away and miss most of the games.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
"I've rejected a few offers already...I'll be moving to a more northern club".

We didn't put in a bid for him did we?

Oh, and what is it with northern players who cannot stand coming south? Is civilisation too much of a shock to the system? Do southerners have the same problem too going up north?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Oh, and what is it with northern players who cannot stand coming south? Is civilisation too much of a shock to the system? Do southerners have the same problem too going up north?

Could be a number or reasons, family etc? I hanker for home, I like Shoreham but a move back to Derbyshire would be very appealing for 2 prime reasons, the people and the countryside - On balance I stay here because I do like it but largely because of work. Adam Le Fondre has more flexibility about his employer, he can pretty much move anywhere can't he, so why not pick somewhere you want to be?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Mansions are cheaper in the north.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Even if they raise it, it'll still count towards Bolton's Financial Foul Play allowance, which may be a problem for them.

Not really an issue is it? I really do think there is only one club in the Championship taking FFP seriously :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here