Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A mobile speed camera right besides a fixed speed camera

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was intrigued to notice a mobile speed camera van parked on the Northbound A24, just South of the A272 traffic lights this evening, positioned right besides a fixed 60mph speed camera.

It was clearly there to catch people who exceed the speed limit as they approach the fixed camera then slow/brake as required (before, probably, accelerating away again).

I don't believe I've seen this before and, whilst I understand the law, it strikes me as quite a sneaky thing to do.

I was also surprised to see them doing this on a Sunday evening - surely a time of the week when motorists should be free to cane it as much as they want.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was intrigued to notice a mobile speed camera van parked on the Northbound A24, just South of the A272 traffic lights this evening, positioned right besides a fixed 60mph speed camera.

It was clearly there to catch people who exceed the speed limit as they approach the fixed camera then slow/brake as required (before, probably, accelerating away again).

I don't believe I've seen this before and, whilst I understand the law, it strikes me as quite a sneaky thing to do.

I was also surprised to see them doing this on a Sunday evening - surely a time of the week when motorists should be free to cane it as much as they want.

It was there when we drove that way on Saturday morning , so it looks like it's been there all weekend .

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Went past that this evening too....although not sure the Gatso there has been working anyway, so the mobile jobby was probably there instead.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could have been an ANPR van rather than a speed camera van?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I got done on exactly this way travelling North at Preston Park a few years ago, so it's certainly not a new tactic.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Not all fixed speed cameras are operational, so that could be a reason for mobile camera.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Just be glad we live somewhere that cares about bollocking speeders. I used to live above a road where illegal street races would take place. Let's just say a motorcyclist at 150mph with no helmet + brick wall is a very messy sight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who cares ? Judging by past threads, NSC is jammed full of SAINTS who NEVER speed :lolol:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
In Chicago the citizens are enraged by what they call red light cameras. If you pass through a red light, no matter the reason, a photo is taken of the licence plate. The owner of that vehicle is then sent a $100 (£64) red light violation fine. It doesn't matter who was driving the vehicle. If you allow another to operate your vehicle illegally then you are responsible for making sure the fine is paid.

It certainly was embarrassing when the manager of the Chicago Police vehicle department received one of these red light violation fines from another division within the police department. The manager called me into his office handed me the violation notice and simply said, "a wise criminologist would pay this promptly so as not to draw the attention of superiors in the CPD (Chicago Police Department)." He then winked. The fine was paid promptly in US dollars. :wink: :shootself

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I don't get why people are so anti speed cameras. You don't hear people who get caught shoplifting for example moaning that it was a bit sneaky having cctv.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't get why people are so anti speed cameras. You don't hear people who get caught shoplifting for example moaning that it was a bit sneaky having cctv.

80% of shoppers do not thieve, 80% of drivers speed.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I have seen this several times in Bexhill on King Offa Way, they get their victims as they come into site before the fixed camera.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
In Chicago the citizens are enraged by what they call red light cameras. If you pass through a red light, no matter the reason, a photo is taken of the licence plate. The owner of that vehicle is then sent a $100 (£64) red light violation fine. It doesn't matter who was driving the vehicle. If you allow another to operate your vehicle illegally then you are responsible for making sure the fine is paid.

It certainly was embarrassing when the manager of the Chicago Police vehicle department received one of these red light violation fines from another division within the police department. The manager called me into his office handed me the violation notice and simply said, "a wise criminologist would pay this promptly so as not to draw the attention of superiors in the CPD (Chicago Police Department)." He then winked. The fine was paid promptly in US dollars. :wink: :shootself

There are red light cameras in Brighton & Hove too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here