• Other

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What would you prefer:

Gus to replace Hughton and bring in 4 of his own targets.

Hughton to stay in charge, bring in Vicente* for one season plus 3 other targets.

Edit: *For anyone who is having difficulty understanding, let's imagine that Vicente was in the same fitness condition as 3 years ago (yes possible injuries etc) and able to play in the same position as before.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not that I want him back but Gus is a better manager than Hughton on what I've see so far. I was very underwhelmed by the way Hughton set us up to play once we were nearly safe and even more underwhelmed that he brought Leon Best here and failed to motivate him at all. Doesn't bode well for this season, even more so if Bloom fails to deliver players with pace and creativity by the close of the transfer window.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are aware that Vicente has retired from playing Football right?
Pretty much the moment he left Sussex.

Which makes all the 'I could have played, but 'they' wouldn't let me' bleating seem a little misplaced.

Oh and Gus back as manager without the player quality to cover up his managerial inadequacies, would be a car crash 1000 times bigger than the last one.

Hughton is the man for a shite squad.
I just have my doubts he's the man for an arse-kicking promotion chasing squad.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So get rid of a manager that has yet to have a pre-season and saved us from relegation and replace him with a moany manager that can't work with a small budget or fit in a moany ex winger who has to play (when fit) out of place because he's lost his speed?

What a sh!t sandwich of a poll.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Were we relegated? I thought we stayed up with two games to spare.
We were in the relegation zone when Hyppia left, and we were out of the relegation zone on goal difference when he was appointed.
It's a bit early for sh!t tainted specs.

As I say, maybe lucky with a couple of results and even luckier with the total shitness of a couple of teams above us in the table when Hyppia left.

From where I was sitting, I couldn't see much improvement between the two appointments, but to each his own eh.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
As I say, maybe lucky with a couple of results and even luckier with the total shitness of a couple of teams above us in the table when Hyppia left.

From where I was sitting, I couldn't see much improvement between the two appointments, but to each his own eh.

Mourinho wouldn't have got us much higher. Our squad was shite thanks to Burke's ineptitude, end of. We still need a fair few improvements to be competitive next season, can't blame Hughton for that.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I saw a fair bit of difference. Houghton bought Kayal, suddenly we had a midfield. We also had a at least one FB to help out the CBs when we lost it in attack. What he didn't have was a decent striker, and you can only blame the board and background staff for that.
Anyway, if we're languishing near the bottom of the league this year you can say you're right.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Oh Christ not another Gus thread! I thought we'd buried that ghost, when he not only got drummed out of Soonderland, but got savaged by his squad for his training and negative tactics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh Christ not another Gus thread! I thought we'd buried that ghost, when he not only got drummed out of Soonderland, but got savaged by his squad for his training and negative tactics.

His stock has certainly plummeted from where it was just before kick off at that fateful play off semi final second leg.

He was very proud of the fact that Sunderland were the only team to have stopped Chelsea scoring at the time he was sacked though.

We don't hear much of Gus the pundit these days either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Nah, you simply cannot judge Hughton on last season. He kept us and did his job. The players he bought in on loan were clearly stop gaps and the squad he inherited was bereft of confidence. The players signed look a vast improvement on last season already and he seems to want to be more attacking.

I cannot wait until the season gets going...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There have been some stupid polls on here. This ranks as one of the most stupid.

I would not have Gus back in a million years. He screwed up the best opportunity we are likley to have for a very long time to reach the Premier League, and he hardly set the world alight at Sunderland. So why would we even consider having him back here?

And Vicente has retired from football!

When is a poll not a poll? When it's as ridiculous as this one.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nah, you simply cannot judge Hughton on last season. He kept us and did his job. The players he bought in on loan were clearly stop gaps and the squad he inherited was bereft of confidence. The players signed look a vast improvement on last season already and he seems to want to be more attacking.

I cannot wait until the season gets going...

Of course you can judge Hughton on last season. He had from January to get the team playing his way and bring in his own players. Said it before that I fail to believe bloom said you only have to save us, don't worry about the style of play or wasting money on unnecessary loan players.

As for the poll, it's Gus for me (or first choice would be Oscar)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Christ these idiotic threads never end....GET OVER IT FFS

Yep im not normally one for joining in with these kinds of things but jesus christ. GET OVER IT (said in the manner of the assembled knights at the end of the Holy Grail.)

Seriously. Might as well start a poll where the choices are:

Would Britain have been better if Hitler had won the war?
No leave it as it is, it's ok thanks
Or would you rather have Mussolini alongside Napoleon to give it some pep in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here