Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Raft Race

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Saw a raft in the river on my way to the game Saturday. Now I want to go and sit on the river bank and watch the event. Can someone tell me a good spot to sit and watch it go by. Will be driving so parking needed. What time? Cant find anything helpful on the net.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thanks Bozza. I was hoping for some insider info about a nice riverside spot somewhere between Lewes & Newhaven. May just drive down that road Kingston to Newhaven road and find somewhere. A stop off at the harveys shop to get a 4 pinter first with Wife driving seems a wonderful day.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Blimey - the last time I watched that, Trevor Baker was on a float!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just a quick thanks for mentioning this. I've never even heard of it before but we went over and watched from the river bank.

All very crazy and fun. We shall return with eggs next year!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah, we were a bit depleted of numbers as we also had a gig at Isfest last night and the raft race today. Enjoyed drumming at the footy yesterday, thought we might've got a bit of banter from the crowd but they seemed to enjoy it.....bloody fools lol
The only time I've ever enjoyed a drum at a footie match. Really excellent, thanks!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
Went to the bridge at 2:30 Had a wonderful relaxing day. Few cans, Daughter driving, sarnies and crisps. Shame it took so long before anything happened. Def doing it again next year with barrel and B'B'Q.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here