Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seriously, why would anyone do that and then feign surprise when people called him a c*nt?

He clearly wore it for a reaction and he got many yet appeared surprised by the comments. Utter attention-seeking knob jockey. Surprised if he didn't end up getting slapped even after he saw sense in the second half and covered up. Would I wear a Brighton top to a Dulwich Hamlet v Palace game? No, I'd have a bit of respect. C*nt.

And yes, I did call him that to his face

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Hope he was treated like the sheriff in 'Blazing saddles'?

Did he have V's flicked in his direction?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Does it really matter ? :shrug:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe he's just arrived early for the REMF match.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
This isn't the first time palace fans have decided this fixture is a good idea to give it big 'un! Back in 2008 there was a similar issue. A couple of palace fans were given stick inside the ground. It became too much for them so they claimed to be "brighton fans on a themed stag do." They went for a pint in the landsdowne after the game, which apparently was being occupied by the BYF for some reason? Needless to say the palace got run out. Then some cars were rocked by the BYF and a fair amount of beer was spilt. Then everyone called it a day.

D

Deleted member 22389

Same as the knobs near me, they have a massive palace flag in their back garden on a pole. You can't miss as you drive past. It's done on purpose too wind brighton supporters up. Lack of respect for the area. They have only been down here a few years, obviously sold up and came down because their own area was crap

el punal

Same as the knobs near me, they have a massive palace flag in their back garden on a pole. You can't miss as you drive past. It's done on purpose too wind brighton supporters up. Lack of respect for the area. They have only been down here a few years, obviously sold up and came down because their own area was crap

I know what you're saying, but wouldn't be great some Brighton fans did the same thing in Croydon or Thornton Heath or . . . wait a minute, aren't they all Chelsea fans that live there now?

Aside from that, I believe Palace's hard core fans use a pub called the Albion - I wonder how they cope with that one?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I like football and rugby.
When i lived in England i was a Season ticket holder for the Albion.
I was also an avid Bath rugby club fan and went to their games too, my friend is a leicester fan.
I dont know if anyone here knows anything about rugby but Bath and leicester are bitter rivals. We went to a bath v leicester game together, at leicester. I sat with him amongst the leicester fans in the 'hardcore supporters' area and yes i wore my bath shirt. I didn't feel intimidated, or that i shouldnt wear my shirt. I enjoyed some friendly banter with the fans in the area and suffered nothing what i would refer to as 'abuse'.

These things are games at the end of the day, and people that take it further than that, and actually start abusing people or threaten violence and intimidation need to take a long hard look at themselves.

As an aside, i now live in Norway, and regularly go and see Rosenborg, the best team (arguably) in Scandinavian football. The atmosphere in the ground is electric. I go in the supporters end, safe standing and flares allowed. But the biggest difference between the two games, is that NONE of the rosenborg chants are aimed at the other teams. They are ALL about rosenborg, their players and supporting their team rather than 'having a pop' at the other teams. There is no abusing of their own players. English football supporters could learn a lot.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I like football and rugby.
When i lived in England was a Season ticket holder for the Albion.
I was also an avid Bath rugby club fan and went to their games too, my friend is a leicester fan.
I dont know if anyone here knows anything about rugby but Bath and leicester are bitter rivals. We went to a bath v leicester game together, at leicester. I sat with him amongst the leicester fans in the 'hardcore supporters' area and yes i wore my bath shirt. I didn't feel intimidated, or that i shouldnt wear my shirt. I enjoyed some friendly banter with the fans in the area and suffered nothing what i would refer to as 'abuse'.

These things are games at the end of the day, and people that take it further than that, and actually start abusing people or threaten violence and intimidation need to take a long hard look at themselves.

The violence is on the pitch with Rugby. :rolleyes:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
So what did he actually do, apart from wear a Palace shirt? ???

D

Deleted member 22389

I know what you're saying, but wouldn't be great some Brighton fans did the same thing in Croydon or Thornton Heath or . . . wait a minute, aren't they all Chelsea fans that live there now?

Aside from that, I believe Palace's hard core fans use a pub called the Albion - I wonder how they cope with that one?

Probably, but I wouldn't walk around Croydon in Brighton shirt. I don't expect to see a Palace flag in Sussex. If they had any class about them or respect they wouldn't put it up. Just my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what did he actually do, apart from wear a Palace shirt? ???
Alternatively what did the highly offended Albion fans do?

It would appear the same as we've ALWAYS done, even back a 'the good old days'.

Oh and that's a fact I am particularly proud of, well done again Albion fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here