Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron decides to take the pay rise.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Even though he "doesn't agree with it"

What a ****. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame. Will you ever learn. What will it take?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They'll never learn coz they believe everything they read like fools

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I must say its comes as no surprise

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strange that this earth shattering news doesn't appear on any of the news websites.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

What a ****. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame. Will you ever learn. What will it take?

The pay rise will come in very handy , any self respecting Prime Minister should have two kitchens in his house.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Don't think so, he said he wouldn't be taking it, even he wouldn't u turn on this. Where is this being reported?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Strange that this earth shattering news doesn't appear on any of the news websites.

It was reported yesterday by ITV News - "In an interview with ITV News, David Cameron confirmed he will take the 10% pay rise, saying "personally, the right thing to do is to be paid the rate for the job"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is this the same pay-rise that all parties agreed upon prior to the last election?

And that makes what difference exactly? Pay rise? Okay. Maybe. But to bang on about how much you don't agree with it but then trouser it anyway. Born a ****. Ministers like a ****. Will die a ****. ****.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't think so, he said he wouldn't be taking it, even he wouldn't u turn on this. Where is this being reported?

Oh, he's taking it. Been reported on most news outlets all afternoon.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Surely even you can't be that naïve and think that the MPs from only one party will take the cash. There has been much pious rubbish spoken about how some will donate it to charity, as if that percentage would be given away for years on end. Sadly, that is life - if you have the power, then you can do it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

its astonishing its only Cameron taking the pay rise

what a greedy guts eh,he will be very red faced and sheepish when he has to face them all

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well clearly he won't be the only one taking it. All MP's will. But to categorically state he won't take it and then take it! Supposed to be a leader.

Nice try from the right on this board to try and rationalise it. Fail. Not even the hardest right on here can defend that. And you bloody know it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think I must be one of the few people in the country that think that our MPs are underpaid.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't see what the issue is, how many people on this board have ever refused a pay rise? And the salary for job he does is terrible anyway. Most CEOs will earn twice what he will and he's the CEO of an entire country. There can't be many more stressful jobs than being Prime Minister, regardless of which party you are in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't see what the issue is, how many people on this board have ever refused a pay rise? And the salary for job he does is terrible anyway. Most CEOs will earn twice what he will and he's the CEO of an entire country. There can't be many more stressful jobs than being Prime Minister, regardless of which party you are in.
I agree with this 100%, even though I have never voted tory.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No. I think they are underpaid. What I take umbridge with is saying you won't take it, then take, then state you don't agree with it but still take it. Utter, utter slimeball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here