Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Parking

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just rang up to try and book university parking for the coming season and told "there were a few but they went a while back". There's been nothing from the transport manager in emails or on twitter advising they were on sale.
Was offered the Bridge but the last time I tried it it took ages to get out (I like to stay till the end, not leave early so I can get out of the car park). Feller on the phone said they were trying improvements but unless they've widened the railway bridge or got manual control of the traffic lights I doubt it will be any better, or will it ?

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Just rang up to try and book university parking for the coming season and told "there were a few but they went a while back". There's been nothing from the transport manager in emails or on twitter advising they were on sale.
Was offered the Bridge but the last time I tried it it took ages to get out (I like to stay till the end, not leave early so I can get out of the car park). Feller on the phone said they were trying improvements but unless they've widened the railway bridge or got manual control of the traffic lights I doubt it will be any better, or will it ?

There was no announcement because they didn't go on general sale. The few that were available were snapped up by people on the waiting list.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The key to parking in The Bridge is choosing where you park, i.e. as close to the top as possible, facing towards the exit and in the front of a row (so a car is parked behind you, and not in front of you). This will assist massively in getting out speedily.

As people are left to their own devices as to where they park in there, there are often 'good' spaces left late on, but if you do get there early you can park up in a good spot that should ensure a relatively swift exit. The university has always been better for a guaranteed escape however and, as you suggest, probably always will be.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There was no announcement because they didn't go on general sale. The few that were available were snapped up by people on the waiting list.

Waiting list ?? I tried to get parking there last season but missed out; I wasn't aware of, nor offered to be put on, any waiting list. Perhaps you have to be mates with the Transport Manager..

The key to parking in The Bridge is choosing where you park, i.e. as close to the top as possible, facing towards the exit and in the front of a row (so a car is parked behind you, and not in front of you). This will assist massively in getting out speedily.

As people are left to their own devices as to where they park in there, there are often 'good' spaces left late on, but if you do get there early you can park up in a good spot that should ensure a relatively swift exit. The university has always been better for a guaranteed escape however and, as you suggest, probably always will be.

Sounds a bit hit & miss to me; we're not able to leave Eastbourne until 1330ish on a saturday.
TBH the problem for me is trains after evening games so I might just end up giving a few of them a swerve.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Waiting list ?? I tried to get parking there last season but missed out; I wasn't aware of, nor offered to be put on, any waiting list. Perhaps you have to be mates with the Transport Manager..

Sounds a bit hit & miss to me; we're not able to leave Eastbourne until 1330ish on a saturday.
TBH the problem for me is trains after evening games so I might just end up giving a few of them a swerve.

For Saturday games why not take advantage of the extended free train travel from Eastbourne - 13.47 will get you to the ground by 14.30, mid week just drive to Lewes and get the train

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
For Saturday games why not take advantage of the extended free train travel from Eastbourne - 13.47 will get you to the ground by 14.30, mid week just drive to Lewes and get the train

That's going to be the choice I think; it's lust standing in the train queue in the pissing rain in January that's not so good. Now, if the people on the platform would get on the first train and change at Lewes, rather than wait for the direct one, it might help

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

I rang up and got mine in May. Just wondering, if you missed out last year why you waited to 3 weeks before the new season start to do anything about it this year?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's going to be the choice I think; it's lust standing in the train queue in the pissing rain in January that's not so good. Now, if the people on the platform would get on the first train and change at Lewes, rather than wait for the direct one, it might help

I have been saying that for the last three seasons.

Generally we get back to Bexhill by 11pm for midweek games by driving to Lewes and getting the train and (touch wood) we have only once stood in the rain (West Ham) in the queue that I can remember.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

from eastbourne try driving to Ashcombe Roundabout park in Burger Van car park and catch bus...easy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here