Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Air Force - Bombing ISIS/ISIL in Syria

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No different to when RAF test pilots were flying US spyplanes over the Soviet Union in the late 1950's and early 1960's.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not surprised, the fast jets have been scudding through our valley more frequently of late. Although how closely flying training missions in the Welsh hills mimics bombing a desert in the Middle East I'm not so sure.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The RAF are not bombing in Syria, the USAF is, and they have a couple of RAF pilots on loan.

If the USAF had had Leon Best on loan, Blackburn Rovers would not be blamed for bombs going wide of the target, would they?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The RAF are not bombing in Syria, the USAF is, and they have a couple of RAF pilots on loan.

If the USAF had had Leon Best on loan, Blackburn Rovers would not be blamed for bombs going wide of the target, would they?

:lolol:

Fair point, I clearly missed an extremely important quote in my own posted article!

"There have been a very small number of pilots embedded within force structures which are run by allies and they have been on limited deployments for a small duration."
"They are not engaged in UK military activity over Syria."

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Pilots belonging to and being paid by the RAF took part in air raids. Irrespective of what they flew in, British Military are now involved and ironically, illegally aswell!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here