Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Ian Allan

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I expect those of us of a certain age will know what influence Ian Allan and his ABC's had on our boyhoods.

I know I certainly carried mine with pride (until someone at school nicked it.) I then filched someone else's (little-used) in retaliation and scatched out his - few - underlinings.

I still have a couple on my shelf today. Happy memories.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I expect those of us of a certain age will know what influence Ian Allan and his ABC's had on our boyhoods.

I know I certainly carried mine with pride (until someone at school nicked it.) I then filched someone else's (little-used) in retaliation and scatched out his - few - underlinings.

No, , I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yep me too Danny. Although there has already been a thread on this a while ago, which l posted on.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Perhaps I am wrong but did IA not also publish, amongst other things, those books with British Railways ( as was ) locomotives which we all ticked off after we had seen something new ? Perhaps they were ther ABCs to which you refer ?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Perhaps I am wrong but did IA not also publish, amongst other things, those books with British Railways ( as was ) locomotives which we all ticked off after we had seen something new ? Perhaps they were ther ABCs to which you refer ?

Correct. Nice photo of the Coastguard Cottages by the way, any particular reason you use that image?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Strictly for the trainspotters, there is an excellent obit in the latest issue http://www.heritagerailway.co.uk/

I didn't know half of what he did in his life. RIP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here