Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Doctors' leaders go to PRISON

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said he is prepared to impose seven-day working on hospital doctors in England. Mr Hunt said that a "Monday to Friday culture" in parts of the NHS had "tragic consequences" and said 6,000 people die each year because of this.It's clear that they are more interested in their golf clubs than patients.

SIX THOUSAND people a year are dying due to these murdering scum. It's just like the 70's all over again.

The typical salary of a consultant is £180,000 a year, the NHS said, but the communists that run the BMA union maintain the new plans would be disruptive to their members' lives. They claim some employees are concerned they will have to work more weekend shifts"

£180k for waving a stethoscope around isn't enough? They're getting far more than the average wage . And basically they're concerned they might have to work extra weekend shifts. Absolute joke.

You know what, if I don't like my job I get another one. Why don't they go & get a new job if they don't like this one. Ah that's right, they can't because they don't have any other skills.

The government should simply tell them to accept the new terms or DO ONE. There's plenty of people that would happily work at weekends for £180k a year.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said he is prepared to impose seven-day working on hospital doctors in England. Mr Hunt said that a "Monday to Friday culture" in parts of the NHS had "tragic consequences" and said 6,000 people die each year because of this.It's clear that they are more interested in their golf clubs than patients.

SIX THOUSAND people a year are dying due to these murdering scum. It's just like the 70's all over again.

The typical salary of a consultant is £180,000 a year, the NHS said, but the communists that run the BMA union maintain the new plans would be disruptive to their members' lives. They claim some employees are concerned they will have to work more weekend shifts"

£180k for waving a stethoscope around isn't enough? They're getting far more than the average wage . And basically they're concerned they might have to work extra weekend shifts. Absolute joke.

You know what, if I don't like my job I get another one. Why don't they go & get a new job if they don't like this one. Ah that's right, they can't because they don't have any other skills.

The government should simply tell them to accept the new terms or DO ONE. There's plenty of people that would happily work at weekends for £180k a year.

and they probably will "do one"
plenty of people
out there but not many of them are consultants ..................or doctors

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

With respect, you do rather overstate your case! But you do have a point, in my opinion. I dog walk each morning with folk who work in the NHS. They perpetually moan about the types of shift they are on and how inconvenient it is for them, though to be fair they are good people. I suppose I might be the same if had worked in the NHS for years, but that is still missing the point. People do not get ill necessarily in office hours and are entitled to the same level of service on any day. NHS professionals know this, but want it all their own way to an extent. That is the profession they chose, and they are there for the public, and as a general rule,work rotas should not be organised around the convenience of the staff, however much they would like to.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
With respect, you do rather overstate your case! But you do have a point, in my opinion. I dog walk each morning with folk who work in the NHS. They perpetually moan about the types of shift they are on and how inconvenient it is for them, though to be fair they are good people. I suppose I might be the same if had worked in the NHS for years, but that is still missing the point. People do not get ill necessarily in office hours and are entitled to the same level of service on any day. NHS professionals know this, but want it all their own way to an extent. That is the profession they chose, and they are there for the public, and as a general rule,work rotas should not be organised around the convenience of the staff, however much they would like to.

this is why some are already leaving the NHS or going to work on the bank where they know their hours and are paid considerably more

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I seem to recall that most of your previous posts were deliberately stupid. (I may be being generous by describing them as deliberate!)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am afraid Debs you're not in possession of the full facts. The Consultants £180,000 a year is for working what amounts to a three and a half day week. This allows them to work weekends in Private Medicine to top up their salary. :thumbsup:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
They shouldn't go to PRISON they should be SHOT, how DARE they stick up for their conditions and contract the GOVERNMENT agreed to

It all went wrong when they stopped using the birch at shcool.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Don`t really agree....A Consultant is at the top of the tree......If they get £180,000, surely it takes many years to become consultant and they`ve worked their way to the top..

Consultant £180k looks after sick,performs skillfull operations often lifesaving. I can think of many other proffesions where people are overpaid. How about people who kick a football around on a Saturday afternoon.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Don`t really agree....A Consultant is at the top of the tree......If they get £180,000, surely it takes many years to become consultant and they`ve worked their way to the top..

Consultant £180k looks after sick,performs skillfull operations often lifesaving. I can think of many other proffesions where people are overpaid. How about people who kick a football around on a Saturday afternoon.

I don't doubt their expertise and I am sure that you are right with regard to their salaries, which I for one do not begrudge them. The issue here is one of availability. They know that their skills are life-saving and as such the paying public are entitled to have cover all the time.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I don't doubt their expertise and I am sure that you are right with regard to their salaries, which I for one do not begrudge them. The issue here is one of availability. They know that their skills are life-saving and as such the paying public are entitled to have cover all the time.

True..But if forced to work 7 days a week,longer hours... someone having complicated Brain op wouldn`t want a tired consultant performing it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

............ or the professional gamblers who purport to be bankers.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
True..But if forced to work 7 days a week,longer hours... someone having complicated Brain op wouldn`t want a tired consultant performing it.
It is a big IF -who knows. they might re-organise in a way that does not involve them being so tired, but the risk is there,as you point out. Somehow,I can't see them perpetually dong 7 days a week.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Come on Debs, you're slipping, you haven't answered yourself using your real account yet :wink:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

They wouldn't be working 7 days a week. The weekend work would be done on a shift rota system.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here