Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A24 closed for murder investigation.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Right by me as well. Didn't hear anything either although it was only yesterday we were wondering what the Police helicopter was doing up and down the valley on Wednesday afternoon and evening? It's all going on in sleepy Findon this week!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right by me as well. Didn't hear anything either although it was only yesterday we were wondering what the Police helicopter was doing up and down the valley on Wednesday afternoon and evening? It's all going on in sleepy Findon this week!

I heard that but assumed it was big tractor grass cutters out on The Gallops. Turns out it was a helicopter searching for someone who had gone missing from Swandean.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The people of Sussex are feeling so frustrated at the prospect of another turgid season of football. The county is on a knife-edge.How many more of us have to die before you open your f*****g wallet Mr Bloom!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

What happened in the area on Wednesday?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
79 year old killed.

Sky news showing a police appeal for people who filmed the crash and aftermath. Do people not think to help rather than film these things and upload to Facebook?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
79 year old killed.

Sky news showing a police appeal for people who filmed the crash and aftermath. Do people not think to help rather than film these things and upload to Facebook?
no they don't. It didn't happen unless you take a picture or film before posting to someone. Get with the programme. Today's weirdly wired human response. Bizarre in our opinions but hey we're in the minority here!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the Sussex Police website.

Police investigating a fatal stabbing of a man following a collision between two cars on the A24 at Findon are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a 79-year-old man died at the scene opposite the garden centre at Rogers Farm, Findon, just before 8.40pm on Thursday (16 July).

They believe the suspect who was driving the first car got out following the collision and stabbed the victim, who was driving the other car. The suspect then made off in his car.

The air ambulance landed and paramedics carried out first aid on the man but he died at the roadside.

The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 30 and 40, 6', skinny with shoulder length brown wavy hair with a thin face. His car is described as a pale coloured old style vehicle.

Detective Chief Inspector Karen Mizzi of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team said: "Officers have been urgently making enquiries overnight to trace the suspect. We need to hear from witnesses who saw the collision, the suspect or the car involved, particularly if anyone filmed the incident or saw anyone filming it.

"Specially trained officers are supporting the victims family at this extremely difficult time."

A section of the A24 southbound at the junction of Cross Lane, Findon, remains closed. A diversion is in place.

el punal

The people of Sussex are feeling so frustrated at the prospect of another turgid season of football. The county is on a knife-edge.How many more of us have to die before you open your f*****g wallet Mr Bloom!!

Bearing in mind the tragedy that has occured your comments are not in the best possible taste, are they?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wild speculation but sounds like a road rage issue....there are some maniacs out there.

I eventually got out of the way of this total **** in a white van on the m25 driving about 3 inches from my bumper and after passing me I was subject to a tirade of abuse wanker signs , even the slashing of the throat gesture, he then pulled in front of me an kept slamming his breaks on...it was a scary episode and this **** was purple in the face with rage.

God knows what would have happened if he reached someone who wouldn't pull over.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
From the Sussex Police website.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 30 and 40, 6', skinny with shoulder length brown wavy hair with a thin face. His car is described as a pale coloured old style vehicle.

Well that's not much to go on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well that's not much to go on.

I wonder if I could have given a description in the dark, after being stabbed. The description of the assailant seemed pretty clear though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if I could have given a description in the dark, after being stabbed. The description of the assailant seemed pretty clear though.

The description didn't come from the person who was stabbed - they're dead.

It wasn't dark - it was 8:40pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here