Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The gift that is Leeds United !

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Neil Redfearn: Leeds United coach resigns from academy position

Former Leeds head coach Neil Redfearn has resigned as academy boss, claiming the club made his position "untenable".
Redfearn, 49, was replaced as the Championship side's boss by Uwe Rosler in May.
He accepted the offer to return to his previous role with the club's academy but said in a statement that "the offer was not genuine" and the club "refused to let him take up the position".
Leeds are planning to issue a statement later on Thursday.
Redfearn said: "I would, however, like to place on record my thanks to everyone connected with the first team, including the fans, for making last season both productive and beneficial after a difficult start.
"Very importantly I would like to pay a special tribute to the academy where I proudly worked along with others for the best part of six years.
"I would like to wish Uwe Rosler and his staff and players every success for next season and beyond so that Leeds can back to the Premier League very soon.
"Last, but not least, I wish to thank the fans for their unstinting support both during my time at the academy and whilst in charge of the first team."
The former Barnsley midfielder initially joined the club's academy in January 2009 and spent time in caretaker charge in September 2014 before being appointed head coach in November.
He won 11 of his 33 matches at the helm but it always seemed likely that he would not retain the position beyond the end of the season after his assistant Steve Thompson was suspended in April.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All laughing at THE Leeds aside, this is a great shame. A good man, excellent at his academy job, forced out of a club he was serving very well, to appease the ego of a moronic owner. Add to that, Redfearn's partner is in charge of the pastoral care and education at the academy - a well loved 'mother figure' to the young academy players. No doubt she'll leave too.

No winners.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for Redfearn, the club treated him like dog turd time after time, but he kept going back. Did a great job as caretaker, but got sacked, went back as manager, did a good job and got sacked. Then offered the job back as academy manager.....accepts and then the job doesn't really exist. WTF is wrong with you.......!!!!

I'm sure there must be clubs out there that would love to have him as a manager.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Calling Leeds a car crash under this Italian crook, just doesn't seem to do it justice. He pulls away from one car crash, accelerates again in search of another.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here