Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade,and Give us goal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Noteworthy on two accounts in that that game was the only time I went in the West Stand,( my dad had borrowed a mate of his season tickets) , and I've never thought of this before, but that Slade were the first band I ever saw.

Marvellous flared scenes.

Was Noddy there to see his beloved Wolves?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I believe the opposition that day was Mansfield .... I do recall this recording took several takes as they had to cut out "Who the f*cking hell are you" ....

I thought it was Burnley but my memory may be failing me ..... I do know it was bloody cold!!

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Some of the video filmed at Waterhall with mostly Apprentices and reserve team players forced to wear shorts and shirts on a really cold day.
Noddy and co were on an alcohol ban so apprentices were paid a months money to go to the local offy to get them vodka.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I missed this one. Would have been good 8+ years earlier.
Record Mirror reviewed the single upon release, "I'd like to see the oldies make it again, I really would. I always loved their gigs, just for the atmosphere. I think that's what they must have been thinking about when they wrote this song, because it recaptures the football fervour they used to build up. That's why it's a bit sad, because I don't think it's worked. I think they're groping in the dark (not a pleasant occupation when it's just for ideas), looking backwards for their future. The song's got plenty of guts, the typical rasping vocals, all that stuff, but it's missed the goal."[12]

We didn't that year though.

Knock Kneed Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
Stout Yoeman - it was on the chilly side and you are correct about the chanting. Brilliant fun - but so were most games in those days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here