Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sevilla not a big draw or sale of tickets wrong

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Is the glamour frendly against Sevilla not such a glamour friendly judging by ticket sales or have the club made a boo boo by only selling tickets for the west lower before selling tickets for other stands.Have fans like me thought I will wait for tickets to become available in other sections but until the west lower sells out that will never happen.So you could have a senario of fans wanting to go but don't want to sit in the west lower

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Is the glamour frendly against Sevilla not such a glamour friendly judging by ticket sales or have the club made a boo boo by only selling tickets for the west lower before selling tickets for other stands.Have fans like me thought I will wait for tickets to become available in other sections but until the west lower sells out that will never happen.So you could have a senario of fans wanting to go but don't want to sit in the west lower

East lower now open.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
People can't afford friendlies on top of a full season. Plus Sunday football is shit. Shame as it's a good fixture. Fifteen quid isn't bad either but with travel on top you're talking twenty quid and psychologically it's too much for many

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can book in the East Lower, definitely. I made a pretend booking earlier this evening whilst trying to amend my Friends & Family list, and the ESL was on sale, albeit not in every block.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Waiting for the North. Surely they realise that the West Lower at the north end is not well attended in the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Plenty will be waiting and deciding nearer the time, I imagine. I know I am.

But, Sevilla are not a big draw are they? Double Europa Cup winners maybe, but there is still little 'glamour' about them for most fans, many of which will not be able to name a single player (although I've just noticed they have Reyes).

I'd be interested to know if the club are disappointed with demand for tickets to date or if it matches their expectations. If the club did genuinely believe that Sevilla are a big draw for fans, it illustrates they are out of touch a tad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's what happens when you sing 2 defenders, a goalie and a so-so forward.

The whole club needs a lift and as yet it's not materialised.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess there is an element of that too, you're right.

Last season was turgid and the morale boost has yet to arrive. #BringBobbyHome

Seriously, you want Bobby?

1357772341_0.jpg

Are you some kind of crazy fool?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

But, Sevilla are not a big draw are they? Double Europa Cup winners maybe, but there is still little 'glamour' about them for most fans, many of which will not be able to name a single player (although I've just noticed they have Reyes).

I'd be interested to know if the club are disappointed with demand for tickets to date or if it matches their expectations. If the club did genuinely believe that Sevilla are a big draw for fans, it illustrates they are out of touch a tad.

Maybe but my 15 year old is excited by this and made me buy tickets

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

I think Sevilla is a decent draw but I honestly believe the club have no idea how many will turn up so thought they would take the safe approach and sell tickets stand by stand.

If we had a pre season game against Chelsea would the tickets be £15 & they they be sold stand by stand ,I think not

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I was really looking forward to going but realized it's on a Sunday and I'm busy....

Sevilla may not be a club that people recognize the players but I was really looking forward to being able to admire beautiful football and not care that we were being spanked.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm on holiday. Would probably have gone had I not been. But it's on a par with the Lewes and Crawley friendlies for me. Friendlies are what they are, a warm up to the main event. We only go because we haven't seen football for a while but they are generally beyond shit turgid affairs against either better teams who don't give a shit or lesser teams so we don't give a shit.

See you at Lewes!

Jessam BHA

May 23, 2014
Not sure why so much apathy... It's our team and it will be 5 days before Forest... 4pm on a Sunday and it's a no brainier for me...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think this will eventually be a big crowd. People are still in holiday mode. I would expect momentum to pick up once fans know their own personal movements closer to the date. its the only pre-season game that I am really looking forward to

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sunday at 4pm is a weird time for KO ..well maybe not for a premier league game....but for a friendly? Although i have gt a tkt

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm only going because Mrs Earle and the boy Earle want to go. More interested in the new season catering than the game too be honest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here