Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test - England vs Australia - Lords

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Wohoo. Just been given a ticket for tomorrow as corporate guest. Good food, free beer, sunshine and good cricket. Very pleased :smile:

Have a good feeling that we will be 2-0 at the end of this match

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wohoo. Just been given a ticket for tomorrow as corporate guest. Good food, free beer, sunshine and good cricket. Very pleased :smile:

Wow, l wish l could get that lucky. I hope you are right re the result, we have a lousy record against the Aussies at Lords though. Still, always optimistic!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Disappointing news that Watson has seemingly been dropped. His replacement is unlikely to be so ineffective.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointing news that Watson has seemingly been dropped. His replacement is unlikely to be so ineffective.

Enormous shame but let's hope his replacement is just as inert.

The is a slight whiff of panic about them already making changes this early in the series. Shame about Haddin as he looked quite useful

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

You Sir, are a lucky *******. And for the next 24 hours I hate you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Any chance of this making the fifth day? Only day I got tickets for in the ballot sadly. Probably need a bit of rain I fear.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

I'm not jealous, I have got a slightly dodgy stream to watch it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Don't forget. NOWTV is £10.99 a week for the next few months. I don't mind paying that for a Test Match.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm off to Lord's today.
Been looking forward to it for bloody weeks

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
First home ashes I won't see a single day of live in the flesh since 2005 so no I'm not jealous. Not at all.

Think anyone writing the Aussies off at this stage does so at their peril...

Draw or Aussie win for me - we always struggle at Lords v them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any chance of this making the fifth day? Only day I got tickets for in the ballot sadly. Probably need a bit of rain I fear.

Your best chance of seeing some cricket is that the Aussies may reign in their attacking style a little, as this is what got a lot of them out (twice) in Cardiff - e.g. trying to hit Ali out of the attack. Would expect to see a more conventional 3 runs an over from them this time, if they have any sense.

And it'll probably rain a bit sometime in the next 4 days.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Aussies will be stronger without Haddin & Watson. Hopefully we bat 1st and put some good runs on the board. I think Mitch will be a threat this morning if we bat.

Stumpy Tim

Your best chance of seeing some cricket is that the Aussies may reign in their attacking style a little, as this is what got a lot of them out (twice) in Cardiff - e.g. trying to hit Ali out of the attack. Would expect to see a more conventional 3 runs an over from them this time, if they have any sense.

And it'll probably rain a bit sometime in the next 4 days.

Forecast is pretty good though. Cloud this morning, so wouldn't be surprised to see some movement early doors. Could be a fun hour or two if Anderson gets to bowl

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
First home ashes I won't see a single day of live in the flesh since 2005 so no I'm not jealous. Not at all.

Think anyone writing the Aussies off at this stage does so at their peril...

Draw or Aussie win for me - we always struggle at Lords v them.

Last time we played them at Lords in 2013, we won by 347 runs and Root scored 180 in his second innings!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here