Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Rail blame wrong type of snow.. Brighton council blame wrong type of grass mowers!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thumbsup to this from the comments section:

Councils and other public services have to prioritise tasks and reduce activities because of cuts in public spending. We drive these cuts by voting in the party that wants to balance its books in the most anal fashion ever seen. If people want verges cut and a full range of public services, then support political parties who support public services and be prepared to pay a little more for them. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
When the Greens were in charge, you'd look at some overgrown, messy lawn that had always been a pristine trim for the previous 40 years before that bunch of clowns came in and think "what can their own personal grooming be like if that's what their gardens look like?". Well I'd think that anyway.

Thumbsup to this from the comments section:

A very big "this" to that comment.

Worth remembering that if a Council such as Brighton, ESCC or District wishes to increase their budget by 2% or greater then they have to undertake a referendum to seek voters consent. Can't see that happening anywhere, people will continue to moan about the piece of grass being cut, that pothole remaining unfixed etc, but ultimately will do F*** all to change the situation by saying to their Council "we will agree to you increasing our Council Tax to improve public services".

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
You'd think someone at the Council would assess what they require from mowers before buying them. To simple, I suppose.
It must be true. I read it in the Arsgas!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here