Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ovingdean cliff fall

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I cycled past major police action shortly after 6pm today. It seemed something big had happened.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/13418753.Boy_fighting_for_life_after_cliff_fall_at_Ovingdean/?ref=rss

Awful. I have a 16 year old son - this could be someone he knows. I hope that he can pull through.

In the Argus today there were group of girls photoed dangling their legs over the edge of a cliff just along the coast.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1341...heir_lives_by_sitting_on_the_edge_of_a_cliff/

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In the Argus today there were group of girls photoed dangling their legs over the edge of a cliff just along the coast.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1341...heir_lives_by_sitting_on_the_edge_of_a_cliff/

Madness.

I've never seen anyone do this around here, though, and we haven't had any cliff falls (as in the cliff itself falling) in living memory. I wouldn't like to puclicly speculate on what may have happened here, but there's no mention of anyone else being around.

Very sad.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Saw it on my way to work. Hope he survives and all my best to his family.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"A teenager found with life threatening injuries at the bottom of cliffs in Brighton has died.

The 15-year-old boy, who was found on the underpass of Ovingdean Gap, having fallen from the cliff above at about 6pm on Tuesday, died in hospital later that day."

R.I.P

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When they're that age they think they're immortal, when you reach my age you KNOW you're not.

I know, I shudder at a few things I did and got away with. Thankfully the majority of us do get away with it, but tragically not all of us. Poor kid.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Awful news & thoughts go out to the family....
We live on the coast road, and have to call the Police at least a couple of times every summer because of people climbing over the fence & sitting on the cliff edge opposite us by the war memorial. Cant understand why they want to do it as its one of the highest points there and I would imagine the ground is quite unstable. We even saw a foreign couple having sex on the edge of the cliff one year....in the middle of the day fully naked. Crazy Germans!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Regardless of anything else, who he was or how it happened, just a horrible story. RIP, and thoughts go to family and friends.

It's your worst fear as a parent, something terrible happening to your child. You can't think about it too much or you'd go mad and never let them have their freedom, but it is always there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here